Chapter Seventeen || close

Start from the beginning

I have loved getting to know all about their lives before I knew them. It's hard to believe that only a couple of weeks ago I had no clue who any of them were.

"Have you guys decided on what you're wearing to Tea and Cas's birthday?" I ask the two on the couch.

"I have a basic idea, I think." Sawyer begins, "usually whenever they have their birthday parties I just wear nice jeans or a skirt with a crop top. I don't do dresses." I nod, considering it.

"What about you, Bea?"

"Hm?" She turns to me from her phone, biting her lip as she looks to be thinking deeply. I lightly laugh at her expression.

"I have this cream dress that I've had for forever and I've never gotten to wear it, so..." Bea tells me, her face turning red and shy.

"Wait a second," Sawyer puts her phone down in her lap, crossing her arms over her chest as she smirks at Bea. "Didn't Cas get you that for your sixteenth?"

I immediately turn to her, the corners of my mouth turning up in a big smile. "Do tell, Beatrice." I tease her. She playfully shoves my shoulder, but I can see the small smile playing on her lips.

"Looks like someone's gotta crush." Sawyer sings, making Bea's cheeks flame red.

"Do not," she pouts.

"Sure, Bea." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I don't. It's j–just a really nice dress." She crosses her arms, defiantly.

"Given to you by a really attractive guy," I state. "Don't be embarrassed Bea, I think you guys would be really good together," I reassure her, and she uncrosses her arms, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Really?" Her voice is quiet and vulnerable. I nod my head.

"Seriously Bea, you're so blind to how he looks at you." Sawyer admires, "and, for my sixteenth, he got me a phone case, so there you go. Also, what straight boy gets one of their girl 'friends' a dress for their birthday? Obviously, one he really really likes." Sawyer tells her before going back on her phone. Bea smiles to herself.

"Do you really think he likes me?" She quietly asks, I look at her with a comforting smile.

"I'd say that it's very likely. From what I've seen of the two of you, he can't seem to take his eyes off of you when you're in the room." I say, putting my hand on hers.

"Yeah," Sawyer joins in, "he looks like a lost puppy when you're not in class because of your music lessons. Or if you're practicing at lunch."She laughs to herself as Bea starts worrying on her lip, looking lost in thought.

"Don't think too much into it, okay? Tell him when you're ready." I try and soothe her thoughts, she nods at me and smiles.

"Moving on from Bea and Cas, tell us about what's happening with you and Vaughn," Sawyer teases, and with those words, I can already feel my cheeks turning bright red.

"I honestly don't know." They both look at me as if I'm crazy, "what? It's a bit confusing when a guy kisses you and then acts like you're together when in reality you're not."