5- I Promise

Five minutes later, Hermione sat with her back against the wall, right in front of Draco who did the same on the opposite wall, their wands drawn to each other, huffing. Draco's left arm had dried blood that ran down to his finger tips, his forehead cut from a glass shard Hermione had thrown at him. Hermione's right shin bled and it tricked down to her socks, staining them. Her right arm bled and her fingers were stained red from her blood, the side of her face bruised from Draco.

They kept eye contact, not taking their eyes off one another in case the other tried anything. Then, they both heard noises from outside and jumped up, pointing their wands to the door. They hadn't realised they were standing next to each other, actually cooperating. All you could hear was their heavy breathing.

The noise was footsteps, but whoever was behind the doors of the kitchen, they had walked away. Hermione put her wand down and so did he.

She thought for a moment and looked around at the sight. They couldn't stay here. It was a mess, dangerous, she couldn't sleep here with all of this.

And then she remembered, the Marauders; even they didn't find the Room of Requirement yet, and these Death Eaters were around their ages, they probably didn't know what the Room of Requirement was either.

"We're going to the Room of Requirement." Hermione mumbled. It was more of an order and she didn't wait up for him as she opened the portrait door and went up the small steps to open the door.

She heard Draco behind her and she continued walking through the halls. It was trashed like the library. Doors of classrooms were forcefully opened and broken off, laying on the floor. The glass of the windows were all broken and shattered all over the floor. It reminded her so much of the war, she didn't want to look at it anymore and picked up her pace, going up the stairs two at a time. Draco had caught up to her and he had started to lead the way instead.

She followed him and they finally stopped, catching their breaths quietly. The two didn't know what to think of as Draco paced in front of it three times. They didn't know what they were going to be met with when they entered, and when they did, Hermione mentally rolled her eyes. She was so tired, and it was almost nightfall. Can you believe it? Night fall? And no one had come to get them.

She could still hear some yells of commands from the Death Eaters in the school, she hoped they wouldn't find them and kill them.

She pocketed her wand and tiredly walked to the bed next to the big window that showed the beautiful sky, the light cascading down on her as she made her way to the side of the bed that was next to the window, and her back faced Draco who looked at her from the door.

He closed the door and made sure it was locked, and made his way to the bed. The side table beside it was empty, and he took out his wand and his dagger that he'd grabbed when they swung by the Slytherin Common Room. He glared at Hermione's back.

"I am not sharing a bed with you." His voice seemed to pierce through the silence of the room.

She turns around and smirks. "Why? Afraid you won't be able to resist me?"

Draco narrowed his eyes at her. "I'm a Malfoy, it's not right for one to sleep on the floor."

She laughs. "You may be a Malfoy but that doesn't change anything for me. It's just a last name. But fine, if you really don't want to sleep with me then you can sleep on the floor." She turned her back once again to him.

"I am not sleeping on the floor like some animal." He muttered through his clenched teeth. But before she could answer she felt the bed dip a bit behind her. They were so far apart that they may as well of been on the opposite ends of the Earth.

The last thing he remembered before he fell asleep was looking at his shadow the light made from behind him on the floor, slowly fade as the sun came down

***

DAY TWO

Draco's eyes snapped open when he had realised just who he was holding. He still held her as she slept, breathing slowly. She looked beautiful, it was a thought that suddenly crashed through his head. He should have been disgusted with himself.

He roughly pushed her off of him, it seemed as though the warmth disappeared. Hermione woke up at the force. He got up and grabbed his dagger and wand, going behind a big pile of junk to get away from her.

He saw a mirror and went up to it. He pocketed his wand and held his dagger in his right hand, and slowly pointed it to himself.

He had wanted to die, he shouldn't have been thinking the things he had about Hermione, what would everyone think? It was disgusting, but Draco saw himself truly not being disgusted.

He was so close, all he had to do was force it in him and all his worries and his problems wouldn't be his anymore. But he couldn't come to do it. Draco almost had called himself a coward, and the day before in the kitchen came to his mind.

He wasn't a coward! She had no right to call him that, she had no right to an opinion, and he had wanted to hurt her for even speaking. He shouldn't be pointing it to himself, he should of been pointing it to her.

He gripped around the handle tighter and put his hand down, going back to her. She was making the bed when he slowly came behind her. She had stopped making the bed, the blanket in her hands, just listening for any sudden movements from behind her, when she felt a hand turn her around by her shoulder, and point the dagger to her throat. She tried leaning back as far as she could but she fell back on the bed, and he came down on top of her, anger and violence in his eyes, nothing good.

He tried opening his mouth to say something but his teeth remained clenched. He was slowly pushing her further into the bed.

It seemed as though the blade was inching closer to her throat, and it seemed as though it was taking forever. Hermione's hand slowly went behind him, and she grabbed the back of his hair and pulled him back, kicking him away, the dagger sliding through her chin. She quickly stood up and so did he, and she felt the blood dripping down her neck to the collar of her school shirt.

He threw the dagger at her in anger. She just in time dodged it and fell to the floor. She looked at the floor with wide eyes then slowly turned her head to him then the dagger. He started making his way to it and she quickly got up and grabbed it, pointing it to him before he got any closer.

"You need help." She breathed, pocketing the dagger. She went to walk away but he shoved her into the wall, and she slid down it at the pain of her back. He looked down on her in what seemed to be disgust.

"Watch your back, if you make it out of here alive, I'll always be behind you." He threatened and she kicked his feet, making him fall face first, but he used his hands to break his fall.

"You're a follower, can't tell right from wrong on his own, followers aren't dangerous, and you definitely aren't dangerous." She gave him a sarcastic frown, almost taunting him, then rolled her eyes at him.

She stood up and he stood up with her. His hand slowly went to her jaw.

"You'll regret that, I promise." He smiled faintly and shoved her to the floor. He turned and left to the other side of the room.