Chapter 107: The Strange Shadow

Start from the beginning

Qi Han guided her to a small courtyard, and had her sit by a stone table in the courtyard. There was actually a two-floored house behind the courtyard as well. In an instant, Zhu Yao felt this ark was simply too mystical, and suddenly had an urge to take out those mystic tools her master had left for her and try them all out.

Qi Han glanced at Rulu behind him. Then, she went into the house behind, and came out with a teapot in her hands.

Zhu Yao was paying a lot of her attention at Rulu whose soul had changed in the first place. Though, Mu Meiyan was a natural actor, as whenever Zhu Yao had made contact with her, she would only see that feeling of excitement a junior would feel when she saw an expert. There was not even a single flaw in her disguise.

"To trouble Sovereign for this matter, this Qi Han expresses his utmost gratitude." Qi Han, however, gave his sincere thanks.

"For Reverend to care about this Sect disciple of yours to this extent, could she be your personal succeeding disciple?" Zhu Yao intentionally asked. As expected, at the side, Mu Meiyan's expression sank a little. Evidently, she was very bothered by this question as well.

"That's not the case." Qi Han answered.

"Oh, then is she a chamber disciple?"

"That's... not it either."

"Then that sure is strange." Usually, when a Sect's Nascent Soul Elder took in disciples, most of them were actually merely name-bearing disciples, and would be taught by other specialists in the Sect. Only chamber disciples and personal succeeding disciples, would be taught Mystic Arts personally by them. Logically speaking, he wouldn't come from miles away to look for her and owe her a favor, all for the sake a regular name-bearing disciple, right?

"Truthfully speaking, although she's a daughter of my old friend, before I found her, I did not know of her." Qi Han seemed to have recalled some past events, as he took a deep breath, before continuing. "Even the matter of taking her as my disciple, was a decision I made on a whim as well."

"Oh?" Zhu Yao was a little startled. There's actually someone who's so proactive in taking in disciples?

"However, that old friend of mine and I have got along for many years. This girl is her only descendant, and now that she has passed away, I shall certainly take care of her daughter." Qi Han said this with an especially saddened tone, and there seemed to be something intractable concentrated in his eyes.

Zhu Yao felt he was hiding something. But, after all, it was other people's matters, so it wouldn't be pleasant for her to get to the very bottom of the matter either. Hence, she gracefully closed her mouth.

When she turned her head, she suddenly bumped into Mu Meiyan, who was lowering her head with a depressed expression at the side. And then, Zhu Yao's eyes instantly widened.

The hell, so back then, her vision wasn't blurry at all. There was really a shadow behind her, and looking at its shape, it even looked like the figure of a man. Currently, that shadow was crawling on her shoulder. It leaned its head next to the side of her ear, as though it was whispering something.

A scene like this was as though a ghost had been seen in bright daylight, which freaked Zhu Yao out. She had even almost thrown that cup of tea towards it. A resentful ghost taking innocent lives, which she had watched in movies long ago? This terrifying scenario where a ghost was possessing a body had totally appeared in front of her.

Fortunately, Qi Han voiced out in the nick of time, following Zhu Yao's gaze, he looked towards Mu Meiyan who was in a daze at the back. "Ru Lu!"

Mu Meiyan was startled for a moment, as though she had regained her senses from her own thoughts.