Shulk then sits in silence as the teachers wait for thirty seconds to pass.

The timer rings and the teacher begins.

He shoots his first ball, missing.

Then, he stumbles, reaching for the second ball.

He shoots the second ball, which misses, and ends up over the wall.

The third ball makes it in.

The teacher shoots the fourth and final ball, which bounces off the backboard, falling back at the teacher, who catches the ball, exclaiming, "That was close!" A pair of birds fly over the school.

The teacher and advisor discuss, and they bring Shulk to yet another area: the gym. A man with a wooden staff approaches Shulk.

"You've done well to get this far, young man."

"Thank you, sir," Shulk says kindly.

"I will be the instructor for this test. You will try to dodge my movements. While both avoiding my attacks and avoiding attacking me, you must grab the tag on my back in a minute. This is not just a test of your exceptional precognition, but also a test of your physical ability. Do you understand?"

"I understand," Shulk says clearly and obediently.

The man checks his watch.

"The timer begins now."

He begins swinging the pole precisely, while Shulk effortlessly dodges using both his visions and his footwork. The man notices this and remarks.

"Your agility is not only thanks to your precognition. Experience has molded you as well."

A vision reveals that the man will go for a strong swing. In response, Shulk lures him to a nearby wall. He then moves into a defensive pose as preparation for the attack.

The instructor slashes with his full strength as Shulk slides under the man's legs. Unable to react in time, the man strikes the wall.

Shulk then grabs the tag while the man suffers from the recoil. Fifty-nine seconds exactly.

"Such technique and resourcefulness," the instructor says, pleased. "Frankly, I was surprised I was even needed for this school's System Scan tests. I never thought in all my years that a student at this school would pass this trial."

"I'm pleased to hear that, sir!" Shulk nods.

"It might be fate or even your precognition that brought us here together." The man approaches Shulk, as his eyes flash blue.

"Maybe, I could test you further."

The man draws out a hidden knife and puts Shulk in a hostage pose.

Focusing himself, Shulk reacts by low sweeping the man. The instructor responds by raising his hands in surrender. The genuine smile on his face helps Shulk to realize that the attempt was also part of the test, and he reaches out his hand to the instructor.

"You have truly passed the test," the instructor says as he gets up.

"So, I've finished this test?"

The instructor nods. "If a student failed the last section of the test, then they'd end up around Level Three."

"Level Three? That means there are still more tests."

The instructor nods again.

"Most precognitive espers only see the future, but I sense you are much more powerful. Come with me."

The two begin walking to the front of the school.

"Precognition isn't easily scaled, but even your precognition is odd," the instructor continues. "Do you have a medium in which you have these visions?"