Chapter 31 - Mayhem Over Manhatten

Start from the beginning

 "Better hurry. Don't know how many of these guys are out there," Ms. Romanoff said.

"I've located another containment cell," JARVIS reported.

 "How could we have let this happen?" Cap muttered. 

"We have a chance to stop them now," She said. 

"They're empty," We found the cells, but they were barren. 

"What's dead should stay dead, Captain!" An AIM agent shouted.

"And the weak give way to the strong," Another jeered. 

"Sounds familiar. Those guys lost too," Cap responded.

 "That's enough from these svynia," She said as we took out a squadron. 

"Let's find these Inhumans," Cap said. 

"Well, we know they're heavily armed," Cap said.

 "And they love to hear themselves talk. Reminds me of a certain billionaire I know," I said.

 "Ooh...I feel seen," Tony said as Theo teleported the Inhuman away. 

"Get off me!" An Inhuman on comms said.

 "Watchdogs!" She exclaimed. 

"Protect the Inhumans!" Cap ordered.

"Avengers! Help!" A woman cried. 

"Get them! We can halt the infection. No one else will suffer," An AIM agent said. 

"We're not infected!" She cried. 

"The only ones that will suffer will be you," I sneered, flinging the agent into a nearby wall. We fought of waves of enemies, bots littering the street.

"It's not safe out here. Find somewhere to hide while we clear a way to the safe house," Cap said.

 "Okay. Come on!" She and the others took off.

 "Dr. Pym is sending agents to escort the survivors out of the city. He's alerted them, but they're trapped inside. Forwarding the code to the safehouse entrance," JARVIS reported. 

"That flying thing is headed right for it. Patrols must've found it," Ms. Romanoff said.

 "Good thing one of us can fly!" Tony said. 

"We have to get them out of there," Cap said. We found the Watchdogs, which were crowded on a bridge. 

"They're blocking the way," I said.

 "Not by accident," She said. They had those stupid shields we had encountered on an earlier mission, but I sent tendrils out and speared them all, deactivating them.

I grabbed one of them that was in the air, crushing their jetpack and flinging them into the ocean. We swept the floor with the men, leaving them all knocked out, or maybe dead, on the pavement. 

"Let's move," Cap said, and we kept going.

 "What's Dr. Pym's ETA?" I asked. 

"His agents are on their way, but they'll need time," JARVIS said.

"Not sure how much we've got. Watchdogs are closing in. Safehouse is nearby," Ms. Romanoff said, the last part after we crossed the bridge. 

"I'm picking up something in the atmosphere. A derivate of Terrigen, but I've never seen anything like it," JARVIS reported. 

"Are we in danger here?" Cap asked.

 "Aren't we always?" She responded. 

"Come on, let's get you out of here," I said as we went inside.

"We can't. They have this thing hunting Inhumans. We tried to sneak out, but they've got eyes everywhere," The head Inhuman said. 

"We'll take care of the Watchdogs. Don't worry," Cap said.

 "Not them. That thing in the sky. It's here," He said. 

"Stay down until the Resistance comes for you," Cap ordered.

 "Tony, we're gonna need some air support on this one," He continued.

"Well, today's the day for bashing AIM's head in. Why not?" He responded, shooting into the sky.

 "Terrigen levels rising," JARVIS said.

 "Activate respirators!" Cap ordered.

 We exited the building to see a ship of some sorts hovering over the area. "That machine is the source of the altered Terrigen. It's been genetically modified to seek out the presence of the Inhuman gene and...eliminate the host," JARVIS reported.

"It's killing Inhumans?" I asked. 

"Not for long!" Cap said. That was a hard fight. Just like with the Warbot, JARVIS was a massive help with targetting the vulnerable spots, but it was still long and drawn out. Everyone took a lot of hits.

Eventually, it crashed into the dock, sliding along and exploding. "All clear. What is this thing?!" Cap asked. 

"Let's get its black box back to the Chimera. I'll do some digging," Tony said as the quinjet appeared. 

We all booked it back to the Chimera, where we stood in the meeting room to await the news.