Part 2

Callum woke up only to realize that his hands were tied behind his back and feet were tied in front of him. He noticed Ezran was across from him still asleep and Bait was in a sack and was now red. Callum looked around and saw there were people there but then he noticed their white hair, horns, and their ears were pointy. It dawned on him that they were moonshadow elves, the ones that were here to kill his stepfather. One of the elves pointed out that he was awake and then an elf with long white hair walked in front of him.

Callum: Hello.

Runaan: I have some questions for you boy.

Callum: Ok.

Runaan: First why do you two have the egg of the dragon prince?

Callum: I...I don't know what you're talking about.

Runaan: Don't play dumb we looked through your bags.

Callum: Oh. Well it's kind of a long story but to cut it short our arch mage lied about destroying it.

Runaan: Why would he do that?

Callum: I don't know. I think his daughter said something about it being a weapon.

Ram: I'm sorry to interrupt but did he just say that the egg was a weapon?

Callum: Yes.

Ram: An egg is a weapon.

Callum: Well I don't know much about eggs other than the ones you eat.

Runaan: Ram go back to what you were doing.

Ram: Ok.

Runaan: Next question. What happened to the king? How did he die?

Callum: What do you mean?

     The elf visibly angry grabs Callum by the collar and lifts him up.

Runaan: I told you not to play dumb.

Callum: I'm not. What are you even talking about?

Callisto: Runaan the boy looks like he really has no idea that the kings dead.

Callum: Wait what he's dead?

Runaan: Did you really not know?

Callum: NO.

     The elf called Runaan put him down.

Runaan: Who are you two?

Callum: I'm prince Callum and that's my brother prince Ezran.

     The two elves looked at eachother with shocked looks.

Callisto: So you two are the princes?

Callum: Yes.

     The two elves stood there for a second and then walked away. Callum was still in shock upon learning that his stepfather was dead. Then it hit him. Lord Viren was the only one inside of the kings room because they needed to talk. Lord Viren was the only person who could have killed his stepfather.

     Sometime later Callum was still sitting there when Ezran woke up.

Ezran: Callum.

Callum: Ezran thank goodness you're ok.

Ezran: What's happening? Why are we tied up? And why is Bait in a sack?

Callum: So we were taken by elves.

Ezran: Elves?

Callum: Yeah.

Ezran: Oh.

     The boys then stay quiet while listening to the elves conversation.