7. Tension

Jahseh

The doorbell rang and I looked at Jamiah. She nodded her head towards the door while I was stuck in place..

My kids are fucking stubborn. They get it from me..I know they ain't wanna come here but they did for they mama. I exhaled and walked to the door opening it..

"Hey y'all your mama just got done cooking." I said stepping to the side with a smile, reaching for my daughter Anima. She walked right past me not saying anything. Mikasa hugged me and took her shoes off when she stepped inside the door.

Tyler was leaned against the side of the door and he looked at me coming inside...

He didn't say shit he just shook up wit me and walked past me. That was more than I expected..

Jin was the last to come in and we just had a stare down...he walked right past me looking at me in the eyes.

I nodded my head and closed the door behind him..I headed into the dining room and seen my wife hugging all our children and smiling so big. They have always been everything to her..

"I'm so glad y'all could make it, I made all your favorites." She smiled waving towards the table..

"Everybody grab a dish out the kitchen and bring it to the table please." She said as she finished pouring our drinks. I watched as our children were rowdy in the kitchen looking at all the food tryna sneak bites in..

"Aye!" Her voice boomed and they all jumped stopping in they're tracks..I snickered at this catching it all on camera and saving it.

"Don't y'all be digging ya nasty ass hands in my damn food go wash um. Now." She scalded them..they all put the food on the table and washed they hands. I walked over to where she was resting my head on her shoulder from behind..

"I don't know what you laughing at..go wash your damn hands too." She bumped me with her butt and I stumbled back.

"Damn is that ass getting fatter?" I bit my lip grabbing her waist making her stand still. She laughed and pushed me off..

She put something up on the TV and old school music started playing..

She was getting something out the oven when I grabbed her again as she sat it down. I grabbed her hands and danced slowly with her close to me..

"I love you Jamiah. I'd die for you 100 times over I swear. Any nigga can hit the dirt behind you. Thank you for my beautiful ass kids and just being by my side. I fucked up I know I did but I swear I don't remember that shit..I would never be that careless."

"Are they still together?" I heard Yume whisper from behind.

"Boy bye mom ain't stupid." Anima said with attitude.

"Stay outta grown folks business, y'all let's just eat please." She smiled at the end of her comment and walked with Yume to the table.

I made eye contact with my daughter and walked over to her but she looked at me and followed her mother and brother. I exhaled loudly at her, she's like her mama when her mind made up good luck convincing her ass otherwise..

I took my seat at the table directly across from my wife as she smiled at us all..

"I love y'all I'm so glad y'all are here with me."

"We only here for you ma or otherwise we'd still be at home." Jin said to her.

"I swear." Anima said sipping her drink.

"How are you so calm right now? I'm surprised you did-" She interrupted Tyler.

"Everybody zip it! Now I want y'all to shut up about the situation and I will not repeat myself. Yes our lives just got turned upside down but the facts are Trinity is your sister. Your daddy fucked up okay? Trust me I let his ass have it, he caught the wraith from me. Now he and I are the head of this family and you bet we gonna address it but until then everybody at this table stay in a child's place! Stop the smart ass remarks towards your father and focus on your own lives. We worked too hard for this family to let ANYTHING crumble it!" She looked around stopping briefly.