Chapter 10: Chase

They were running as fast as they can. Away from whatever it was chasing them. Though it sounded like it was catching up.

"Smurfstorm! Smurfblossom! What's chasing us?" Smurfette yelled as she steered Bucky

Smurfblossom was hyperventilating, so Smurfstorm answered. "It's called a spider wolf. It only lives in this part of the forest and only attacks when we're in its territory. And right now we're in its territory because of my flipping headache!" She yelled as she held her head in pain again.

"Thanks for the story, but what we need right now is how to get away from these pesky spider wolves." Brainy cried out.

Seeing as Storm couldn't answer, Blossom had to do it for her. "We just need to get to the river. Once we're on the river, it'll stop chasing us!"

"Okay, but where is the river?" Brainy asked

"And how do we make a boat with these spider wolves chasing us?" Hefty yelled

The smurfs on the back seat started trying to think of a way to distract them while the rest builds the boat. Being the smart smurf he is, Brainy came up with an idea.

"I got it." He said, every smurf, except for the ones driving, looked at him, "So, here's the plan. Clumsy, Hefty, and Smurfette distracts the spider wolves while me and Smurfblossom take care of building the boat and Smurfstorm's headache."

Smurfette and the others kinda flinched at the idea of being chased by those spider wolves, but they don't have much of a choice right now. So, they agreed to it.

"Not the best plan I've ever heard, but we don't have much of a choice right now." Smurfette said

"I agree. We've got to work with what we have right now." Hefty added.

"I'll do it. As long as you keep Smurfstorm safe, Brainy, Smurfblossom." Clumsy said. The others awed at Clumsy's kind sacrifice for his girlfriend, he slightly blushed at that. But he then added, "Smurfette and Hefty, too. Take care of Stormy"

The others looked at him in shock. He was willing to distract every single spider wolves that were chasing them just for his girlfriend's safety. Smurfette and Hefty looked like they disagreed.

"No way, little bro."

"No, Clumsy. You need our help."

Clumsy shook his head, no. "No. Storm needs your help more than I do right now." He looked at her and she looked like she was almost close to fainting from the headache. "And the faster the boat finishes, the faster we'll be out of this mess."

Brainy spoke up, "He has a point. And the sooner we get out of this mess, the better."

The others were concerned about Clumsy's choice, but knew that they didn't have time to argue right now, so they just agreed. But they were still concerned because everyone knows Clumsy is, well very clumsy. So, now all they could do is pray that he could do it.

"Just one question." Hefty said.

"Yes?" Smurfblossom answered.

"Where is the river?"

"Hmm? Oh, it's just straight ahead. I can hear the river from here." She answered. Brainy checked his map while driving and it was right.

"She's right guys. It's just a few meters from here." He turned to Clumsy, "You got that, Clumsy?"

He nodded. He flew down closer to the ground to give Smurfstorm to Smurfblossom, she was already dazing away and couldn't understand what was going on around her properly. "Get her to safety. I'll lead away these monsters and I'll be there once I'm done."