V1: E10

(In class, a few minutes later) [Calista POV]

**Weiss, now back in her regular attire, readying her Myrtenaster at the growling creature in the cage barely seen at the end of the last episode. Her teammates cheer her on from their seats in the front row.**

Yang: *raising her fist* Goooo, Weiss!

Blake: *waving a small flag saying "RWBY"* Fight well!

Ruby: Yeah, represent Teeeeam RWBY!

Calista: *focused on the cage as her HUD gives her minimal information* A..... a Boarbatusk?

Weiss Schnee : *lowering her sword and looking over at her "leader" and her "friend"* Ruby! I'm trying to focus! And Calista! Will you quit asking questions and taking everything!

Ruby: *looking sheepish* Oh, um... Sorry...

Calista: *looking down as she pulls up her balaclava. Sinking a bit into the seat* O- o- oh.......

Red: *quiet as he watches Weiss, internally preparing to explain a missing student*

Port: Allllright! *next to the cage, pulling out Blowhard* Let the match... begin!

**The professor swings down and breaks the lock, dropping the cage door and revealing the Boarbatusk inside, which immediately charges at Weiss. She uses Myrtenaster to deflect its attack and roll to the side, readying herself for its next move. The Grimm stands a distance away from its enemy, studying her.**

Port: Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?

Ruby: Hang in there, Weiss!

Calista: *chin on the table as she watches Weiss fight* Watch your step.

**Weiss is now speeding towards the oncoming Boarbatusk, sticking her blade straight at its skull until they meet and Myrtenaster is trapped in the beast's tusks. Weiss is still hanging on to the hilt, and is tossed around as she struggles to get the rapier back.**

Port: Bold, new approach. I like it!

Ruby: Come on, Weiss, show it who's boss!

Calista: *quietly* This is where an explosive charge or a secondary weapon would be useful... don't rely on a primary.

**Weiss turns to glare at Ruby and Calista, only for the Boarbatusk to turn its head and rip the sword from her grip. Myrtenaster lands far away from its master, who is knocked back by the creature's tusks.**

Port: Oh-ho! Now what will you do without your weapon?

**Weiss looks up just in time to see the Boarbatusk charge again, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid getting trampled and make it crash into a desk. Weiss rushes at her sword and slides to get it back in her hand.**

Ruby: Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-

Weiss: *turning to Ruby* Stop telling me what to do!

Calista: *sheepishly as she lowers herself under the table* She's.... Just being you're advisor...

Ruby: Yeah! I'm just trying to help!

Weiss: Will you both shut up!

**Ruby looks hurt at Weiss' rebuttal, while Calista's trying to hide her pain by hiding under the desk. Meanwhile, the Boarbatusk leaps into the air and rolls into a ball, spinning rapidly in the air and landing on the ground, consistently gaining speed until it launches itself at Weiss. It comes closer and closer, but Weiss activates one of her blue-white circles and blocks the roll, leaping up into the now-black snowflake symbol and turning it blue again so she can drive the blade into the Boarbatusk's stomach. It squeals and falls silent while Weiss gasps in relief.**