Ch. 20

A little while later, Nini finally emerges from her room, ready to go, save for a pair of heels in hand. "Okay, I'm ready," she says, short of breath, as she comes to a stop in front of the couch.

Ricky, who has been lying down on the couch with his ankles crossed and his arms folded across his chest, opens his eyes and sits up.

"About t—" he cuts off abruptly.

She pauses in the middle of putting on her heels to look at him. "What?" she asks, blinking at Ricky, only to find him slack-jawed as his eyes roam over her figure. She suddenly grins, pleased with his inability to speak. She straightens and bites her lip at his reaction.

"I'm guessing you like it?" she asks, amused, as she raises an eyebrow.

The burgundy satin dress she has on hits the floor, but with the way it hugs her body on top and makes her breasts look, it's anything but modest. The high slit up the dress doesn't help either.

He can't do much more than nod dumbly so she laughs quietly into her hand. "Aren't you glad I went with effort instead of parka?" she asks, tilting her head to the side, her lips curving into a playful smile.

"Infinitely so, yes. He finally tears his gaze away from the tease of her thigh to look into his girlfriend's eyes. He stands up, brushing her hair away from her face, his hand stopping to cup the side of her face as he lets his thumb brush back and forth along her cheekbone. "You look beautiful," he says, his eyes softening as they look into hers. "Just... wow."

"Thank you," she murmurs with a bashful smile, feeling familiar warmth wash over her from his gaze. Her hearts skips a beat from the intensity of it all but she can't bring it in herself to look away.

Ricky's other hand cups the other side of her face and Nini's hands come up to hold his wrists, her thumbs circling his pulse points. He pulls her in to drop a gentle kiss on the top of her head, near her hairline. Her eyes flutter close and she smiles, touched by his tenderness. He pulls away to look down at her once the kiss is over. "Ready to go meet your moms?" he asks, grinning broadly.

She counters with a radiant smile of her own. "Lead the way, Mr. Bowen."

"Oh my gosh," Nini says, practically reverberating with excitement. "This place is so nice. How are we gonna afford this?!" She slightly panics once her excitement wears off.

"Neens, I'm a top notch music producer. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't treat my girlfriend and her family to a luxury meal every once in a while?" He responded.

She looked around the restaurant seeing if she could spot her mom's, who had texted that they had arrived just moments before. When she spotted them near the back of the large room, she turned and narrowed her eyes at her boyfriend.

"I know this is just for brownie points." She playfully pointed a finger at him. He shrugged his shoulders and gave a sheepish smile. "Is it working?"

"...Yes."

"Then it's definitely for brownie points." He chuckled before placing his hand on the small of her back and leading them towards their table.

Carol and Dana smiled brightly when they felt the duo coming up to the table. "Nini, my baby, just look at how gorgeous you are!" Carol said, hugging her daughter, before facing Ricky- Dana following suit. "And you must be Richard!" Carol said excitedly. Ricky chuckled and held out his hand.

"Yes, ma'am. It's a pleasure finally meeting you. Nini has told me so much about you both." He told them sincerely. "And please, call me Ricky." Carol smiled at the boy before looking down at his extended hand.