Ch. 19

A deafening silence.

That's all Nini heard as her boyfriend stared at her, mouth and eyes wide open in shock. "Ricky?" He wasn't sure he heard her right. Love? She loved him? It's as if all time stood still.

Nini finally resigned to the fact that she single-handedly ruined their relationship. I knew it was too soon. She thought.

With tears in her eyes, Nini finally removed herself from Ricky's lap.

"I-I knew this was a mistake. God, I'm so stupid! I'll call you tomorrow, if I don't die from embarrassment before then." Nini said quickly as she stumbled around his apartment, gathering her things before quickly making her way out his front door.

She ran as quick as she could down the hallway before locking herself in her apartment, sliding down the door and finally letting her sobs escape. Thing is, Ricky new he loved her. He's been in love with her so why couldn't he say it back? It was only when he heard his door slam shut that he regained his senses.

"Shit." He said as he angrily ran his hands over his face. He didn't even bother putting his shoes on before he ran to her apartment, ferociously banging on her door.

"Nini, Neens, c'mon please let me in!" He begged. He leant his head forward on her door and heard the sounds of her crying and his heart shattered. "Nini, I know you can hear me. You don't need to let me in but I need you to listen..." he said through the door. "I love you! I loved you the minute I saw you struggling to carry your groceries in the elevator. I love your dry sense of humor and the fact that you're not afraid to tell me off. I love that you love those ridiculously cute baby otter videos and most importantly, I love you, Nini! I've never loved anybody the way I love you and I would really appreciate it if you'd open this door so I can say that to your face..." he trailed off as he looked down, fiddling with his hands. He heard shuffling on her side of the door before it opened up just slightly. He saw her tear stained face and her red, puffy eyes. M

"Please open the door, Neens." Sighing, Nini finally let him into her apartment.

"It's fine, Ricky. It was obviously too soon. Heat of the moment, I guess and you don't owe me anything. Don't force yourself to say you love me if you don't." She told him.

He shook his head and gently grabbed her face in his hands. "I've never been more in love than I am with you, right here and right now. You're everything to me and to be honest, it's asinine how much I love you, but I do. I love you. You're all I think about all day long and when I'm not with you I feel cold and empty. I don't know why I didn't immediately say it back and that was almost the worst mistake of my life, but you have to believe me, Nini. I can't imagine my life without you." He told her sincerely, looking into her eyes. She sniffles. "Really?" She asked. Ricky chuckled and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"I. Love. You." and that was all it took for her to crash her lips back into his.

He wasn't finished yet though.

"Hey, Neens?" He whispered when they pulled away.

"Yeah?" She replied as she leaned her forehead against is. "I-I want to show you how much I love you... if you're ready. I'm not pressuring you, I swear." He said after a moment of hesitation. She was silent for a moment and he was worried that he had taken things too far, but all his worries were thrown out the window when she whispered the six words he's been secretly dying to hear her say. "Richard Bowen, take me to bed."

Needless to say, she became well aware of just how much he loves her and he was well aware of just how much she loved him back.

******