Meeting The Old Dude

I always get so happy when I do Nico POV! 

I don't own the Harry Potter or Percy Jackson books. It's so sad.

Quick question for you: Is there a specific POV that you would like to see in future chapters?

Ok, go read.

Nico POV 

I take a seat on the couch where Will is sitting. Dumbledore - who is sort of creeping me out - is sitting across from us in a comfy grey armchair, sipping on some tea. He has a long purple and gold robe draped around him with a large belt that has his beard tucked into it. A part of me is wondering if the beard gets in the way when using the bathroom, but I manage to stay focused. I don't know this man, and he could be a threat. He may not look threatening, but his eyes tell a different story. They twinkle with mischief that is hidden behind his wise gaze. I know instantly he is someone you don't want to mess with.

Will is looking at him with curiosity while Dumbledore surveys the two of us, clearly waiting for us to say something first. I stay silent and watch him watch me watch him watch me watch him watch - you get it. Basically, now I'm stuck in an epic staring contest with Beardy. And I'm proud to say, I'm winning. Beardy eventually smiles and sets his tea down on the side table, effectively breaking eye contact. 

Ha. I won.

"I hear that you two have come back in time. I must say," Dumbledore looks at Will and me with a smile. "I am quite impressed. May I ask how you managed it?"

Will clears his throat.

"Well, Mr. Dumbledore, it was actually an accident. We didn't mean to go back in time at all. Much less to London."

"Ah. I see. How unfortunate. You see, I would love to help you get back to your home, but I do need the full story if I am to do so."

"Mr. Dumbledore, with all due respect, we have many enemies, and we don't just trust random people."

The twinkle in Dumbledore's eyes intensifies, and I feel myself tensing. What is he up to? Dumbledore just chuckles and looks at me.

"Of course, young Demigod. You are quite right. You don't know me." My hand flies to my sword and I point it at the man's chest.

"How do you know about us?" I ask menacingly. Is he a monster? Very few Wizards know about the gods. My father said only the higher-ups of their Ministry are aware.

Dumbledore, despite having a weapon pointed at his chest, smiles brightly, and I find myself wondering if he is sane. I quickly glance at Will and see him staring at Dumbledore with curiosity.

"My boy, please. Put the weapon down.  Mr. Solace's father visited me and explained who you are. I am no danger to you, I only wish to help."

"You talked to my dad?" Will asks, confused. "How is that possible? We're in the past. We haven't even been born yet!"

"I believe he said something about being the god of prophecy. Which, I must say, I found quite delightful. However, I was slightly disappointed when he didn't know anything about what I would get for my birthday. Alas, nobody is perfect." I raised my eyebrows incredulously. Who the heck is this guy? And Apollo visited him? I'm confused, and Will looks like he is too.

"Ok... Did my dad say anything about what we should do?" Will asks. Dumbledore pats his robe.

"Of course. He said that you two have acquired a prophecy that will help you get home, and until then, you can attend Hogwarts, my school for witches and wizards. Aha!" He pulls a letter from his pocket and hands it to me. "He asked me to give this to you boys before we head to Diagon Alley."

"Diagon Alley?" I ask, looking up from the bright yellow envelope.

"Of course. That is where we will pick up some of your school supplies for the year. Now, I am going to go sort things out with Mrs. Weasley. I would like to leave within the hour." And with that, he swept from the room in a flurry of white hair and purple fabric.

Well, he was interesting.

I open the envelope, and a key and a piece of paper fall into my hand. The key is made of celestial bronze and has a bunch of diamonds in the shape of a skull. I'm guessing it's my dad's. 

I hand the note to Will, who reads it out loud.

Go to magic school

Try not to expose the gods

Stay with the old dude

...Seriously Apollo? 

(End of chapter)

Ok, I wanted to explain how the gods and time travel work. Basically, the Apollo that Dumbledore talked to is the Apollo of that time (he hasn't been turned into Lester yet), and the same goes for the rest of the gods. 

Also, they know that they are demigods and are from the future, but they don't really know them. 

Rick Riordan's version is that they aren't really omniscient. They don't exist in all times at once, as you can see with Apollo/Lester. Apollo changed a lot after the whole Lester ideal, so I think time affects the gods as well. 

Does that make sense? 

Let me know.

Sorry for the shorter chapter, but the next one is Diagon Alley! Woohoo!

The next update will hopefully be before Sunday. I'm about to have a break for school, so hopefully, I'll be writing more!