020 - Champagne and Chandeliers

Warnings: n/a

Namjoon and Yoongi were leaning against the cold wall of the abandoned factory, each a cigarette in their hand. To say that Yoongi was nervous would be an understatement.

"Do you think this is a trap?" the blonde spoke up, taking another drag. Namjoon thought about it, tilting his head slightly. "I don't think so."

"Knowing Nam, he wouldn't set smaller gangs up. He's influential, but not contumelious," Namjoon answered, dropping his cigarette to the ground, squishing it with his heel.

Yoongi just hummed, his mind not relaxing one bit. This was big. He didn't sign up for this, yet here he was. Hesitation was deadly in the shadow world; it was either go hard or go home. Yoongi thought he had a choice, but in reality, he didn't. And he knew.

"Did I tell you about my meeting with Seokjin?" Namjoon suddenly spoke up, pulling the older back to reality. The blonde just frowned and shook his head, taking another drag.

"Apparently, he had my number from Jimin and wants to go grab a coffee. I said yes," the brunette shrugged, and Yoongi just grinned.

"Since when are you so reckless? A coffee date with the sibling of an EXO member," Yoongi tsked, mockingly shaking his head.

Namjoon just grinned, lightly pushing the blonde by the shoulder. "See, just a sibling."

Yoongi's features turned serious, and he looked the younger in the eyes. "Enjoy it as long as you can. If Nam's contract is legit and profitable for both sides, his brother will either have to leave the country or end up dead. I don't think he will take it well."

Namjoon just nodded, pressing his lips into a thin line. "You have to be careful too. I bet you know it, but Yeonjun told me Taehyung's dad is a police officer. You're really tethering on edge."

Yoongi nodded, "He told me."

But before both could exchange more words, a black car with tinted windows drove up, the gravel underneath the tires cracking. The vehicle came to a halt, and three males exited it.

Two of them had tattoos on their faces but nevertheless wore expensive suits. Obviously, the third man who exited the car was Nam, a little corpulent but nonetheless fitting the suit.

Yoongi immediately set his cold mask back on, analyzing the littlest movements. "Bangtan?" one of the guards asked, taking a protective stance in front of Nam, one of his hands on the shiny revolver in his belt.

Yoongi nodded, "Yes. You can take your hand off the revolver; we'd be dumb to hurt any of you. No matter how strong we think we are, we know that you're stronger."

Nam chuckled deeply, gently pushing his guard aside. "Not only fierce but also smart, I like it. You know who I am, and you must be SUGA," the male hummed, eyeing both Namjoon and Yoongi. The latter nodded, "Yes, and this is RM. He's my right hand."

Nam eyed Namjoon cautiously before nodding, "Good good. I'm sorry that I chose this shabby place, but I had to make sure that you're the right guys. Fancy a tea at my place?"

Yoongi gulped. He knew he had to trust this man, but this was nevertheless a big offer. The head of the most significant gangs in Seoul was inviting them to their headquarters. He knew he didn't have to worry because Yeonjun and Beomgyu kept tabs on them via their phones.