53: 'What the fuck was I thinking?'

En başından başla

“For my 18th birthday party, I am gonna go with Gotham theme. Everyone who attends will dress as a character from Gotham. I’ll be Cat-woman; dressed in latex and holding a leather whip.” She envisioned with a toothy grin.

“Since Batman is the only Gotham character I kinda like, I’ll come dressed as him. That is of course if I’m invited to the party.” I spoke.

“Of course you are invited. And I think you’ll be a hot Batman.” She released a compliment.

“You can bring Carl along and your friends too.” She added.

“Will do that. Thanks.”

“I think we’re here. Polly’s Diner. Ah, my favourite place in this gloomy town.” She praised then started caressing her nearly flat tummy.

“Let’s get some food in you, my bellita.”

“Are you talking to your stomach?” I inquired, a laugh absconding my mouth.

“Yes. I know. It’s embarrassing.” She replied, crimson staining her cheeks.

“It’s actually cute in a weird way.” I remarked with a smile.

“Thanks.” She smiled back.I pulled up at a parking lot, outside the diner. We got out of the car and strolled to the entrance of the diner.

Aroma of food attacked my nose as soon as we stepped into the establishment, prompting my stomach to rumble.

Noisy chatter from the customers, filled the air, giving life to the room. Tony Braxton’s Unbreak my heart, was playing in the back ground, giving the place a somewhat romantic ambience.

A tall woman with hazel eyes and freckled face and auburn hair was standing behind the counter. She released a massive smile as soon as she saw us.

“Afternoon, Polly.” Natasha greeted with a huge smile on her face.

“Afternoon my favourite customer.” She replied, her smile warming up the place.

“Got some of those burgers and fries that I love so much?”

“Absolutely.” She responded, then turned to face me.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?”

“Oh. This is Gavin.” Natasha introduced.

“Nice to meet you Gavin. I’m Polly, the owner of this humble establishment.” She said.

“Pleasure to meet you ma’am.” I spoke.

“Not just handsome but a gentleman too. Nat, this one’s a keeper.” She addressed Natasha who blushed in response.

“What can I get you, Gavin?”

“I’ll have what she’s having. And a glass of chocolate milkshake.” I stated and she wrote down the order.

“I’ll also have a glass of mango juice.” Natasha added. We washed our hands and made our way to an empty booth which was at the corner of the room.

I plopped on the red leather seat, enjoying the smooth feel of the material against my butt.

Natasha who had sat across from me, started munching on the chocolate chip cookies that were in a small basket on our table.

“These are free, in case you are wondering.” She stated while eating. “Want one?” She was referring to the cookies.

“No. Thanks.” I retorted, leaning back in my seat.

“Yaay. More for me.” She declared, stuffing her face with the pastry. Particles had stuck to her chin and cheeks making her look hilarious. A chuckle sped past my lips as I watched her.