Love instead of LOVE

Start from the beginning

- She said she wanted to use her device from the AMD to send a message to everyone in the city.- Papyrus explained.

- So the cameras and the speakers, huh? Clever, Jessica.- I smiled, but raised my eyebrow. It was still weird to say her name out loud. When she was finally connected to the system, she broadcasted a message about how humans have to seek refuge around monsters and to trust those monsters.

- Mom and Dad will be so....devastated....- I muttered, only to be interrupted by the sound of the door.

- U-Undyne!- Papy jumped up, rushing to her.

- Are you hurt?- He asked as I turned to look at them.

- Yes I am... It hurts.... So much...- She sniffled, tears gathering in her eyes.

- It was my fault. My brash actions got her killed...- She started to explain, and for a few seconds, my mind didn't realize who she was talking about.

- I'm so... Tired...- She sighed, falling onto her knees. I quickly rushed over to her side, catching her.

- Then... Let's get you to bed. You need to rest, Undyne.- I forced a caring smile onto my face. Both of us lost someone today. It was the least I could do.

- O-okay....- She looked down onto the ground, and Papy took her from me.

- Here, lean on me. We'll go to that bedroom.- He explained to her, nearly carrying her tired body. I sighed as my limbs were aching and sat down onto an armchair. Gaster was gazing at Jessica who sat down opposite of me, negative emotions pouring out of him.

- Dr. Gaster.... I believe I know how you feel. I'm.... I'm so sorry...- She tried to apologise. His eyes narrowed down, his gaze furious.

- You understand how I feel? My GRIEF? You played a big role in the deaths of those close to me.- He said coldly.

- Yet, you stand before me with the insolence, the audacity to apologise and claim to "Know how I feel."- He continued and I stood up. I felt a strange feeling in building up in my gut, both disappointment and rage bottling up inside me.

- Doctor, the facts...- I tried to interrupt, but he held up his hand and forced me back into my seat with his gaze. It was colder than an iceberg.

- Human... If you weren't Frisk's or Lukas's friend...- He turned back towards Jessica.

- "You'd be dead where you stand."- His voice echoed in the room, his right eye glowing in a violent red glow. Jessica was clearly frightened, her eyes watering.

- Gaster, that's enough!- I raised my voice, making him break eye contact with her and stand up. Suddenly Frisk appeared in the door and looked at us.

- Where are Undyne, Alphys and Papyrus?- He asked with his usual poker face. Gaster opened his mouth to speak, but I was faster to explain.

- Undyne and Papy are in the bedroom.- I pointed with my gaze to the room.

- And Alphys...?- Frisk raised his eyebrows.

- In another filled bodybag caused by your friend here.- Gaster turned his glowing eye towards Jessica again.

- Doctor, I think that's enough of discrimination towards Jessica.- I activated my powers, making my violet eyes glow at him. He was slightly surprised by that, but he returned to that neutral expression of his.

- I see... Come with me Jessica. I'll give you something.- Frisk called for Ms. Grey, walking towards his room, her following behind. I looked at Gaster who was looking at me with a worried expression.