"wilbur? talking to women?" he said again, reading another comment before replying in a frenzy 

"yes! i can talk to women! im not tommy guys!" he laughed, then the chat started flooding with the same comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wilbur's got a crush
wil! you talked to a woman!
are you dating her wilbur?!
wilburrrrr is she your girlfriend?
womannnnn!
congrats on the girlfriend wilbur

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the chat was practically screaming, and wil turned bright red looking at the comments. 

"no chat no no no, she has a boyfriend, and its not me and that's fine! now lets leave that be"
he said jokingly, but i could see that his face was still red, and his smile wasn't genuine. 

at exactly 12:00 my work was interrupted by a quiet knocking on my door, and i turned to see wil's face pressed against the glass smiling widely at me. I laughed and opened the door following him down the hallway

walking with wil felt like walking with a life long friend. he just made you feel right at home. i feel safe in his presence. i like to imagine him as someone who would beat up someone for someone he loved, who would read poems to u under candlelight, someone who would listen to you rant for hours. but i don't have feelings for wil. he's just a really good friend. 

once we reached the bakery, he immediately went up to the display and started ordering. he ordered a slice of pie and lemonade for me, and a lemon tart for himself. i'm surprised he remembered my order. once i met up with him i saw that jasper was taking his order again, and when she saw me she smiled

"hey lavender" she said calmly smiling at me

"hey jasper" i said back smiling 

"you know, i've known wil here for a long time, i'm glad to see you two hanging out, he's a great guy" she whispers to me winking. i laugh and nod, smiling at her

"i'm sure he's great, i can see it already" i agree. 

when jasper gives me my lemonade, its in a cute plastic cup with little sharpie designs on it, and when i examine it closer i see that on the paper sticker with the drink name and time stamp, she had written her number on it with the side note "give me a text sometime I'd love to hang out and be one of your first friends here in brighton"

it made me smile that people wanted to be friends with me, and the fact that she knew that i was new in the UK made me laugh. eventually, i might lose the american accent. I could probably work on a british one.

wil and i eat in the same booth as before, but this time next to each other instead of across. his scent fills my nose and i get butterflies once again. we sit cross legged facing each other and show each other funny things on our phones. seeing wil smile makes me smile. his dimples fit his face nicely. 

"so wil, or shall i say, wilbur soot. shall we leave and continue le tour? I wore my favorite sweater just for today" i said jokingly 

"ah so you found my twitch?" he laughed looking up at me. i raised my eyebrow and nodded slowly before bursting out in laughter 

"fine lets go" he said impatiently tugging on my sleeve. he yawned and stretched exposing his stomach. i was tempted to play-punch him but i didn't. we exited the cafe and started walking down the road. there were no clouds in the sky, but it was still frigid out. my light sweater was doing no justice. 

entering the crowded street, a lady pushes past me, pushing me to the side allowing everyone else to pile past me. my heart starts racing. i lost wil. i couldn't see him through this crowd, too many people were shoving their way past me. one second i was on a wall of a building and the next i was being shoved off the sidewalk. 

I called out wil's name, but i heard no reply over the sound of 100 voices all being mixed together to create a loud hum. i stopped in my tracks and leaned against a parking meter and pulled out my phone, panicking. i had no clue where i was, there were no visible store names that i could see over the mass mob of people. 

i decided to go with the crowd, maybe i'd get spat out in a clearing or a familiar store so i could call wil and tell him where i was. i stepped away from the parking meter only to be shoved off my feet by a tall woman in heels and her dog. i fell. 

hitting the hard concrete with my head, my vision completely blurred. every time i tried to stand back up, i was pushed back down again. purses hitting my head, people stepping on my fingers. i swear, people in Britain have no sense of boundaries. it was like the streets on new York all over again.

i managed to pull myself onto my knees when a set of hands grabbed my waist from behind. my first reaction was to kick the person, jack had set the impression in my head that waist grabbing was always bad. he never directly said that of course, but every time he would grab my waist it usually led in some form of restraint.

before i had a chance to respond i was picked up off the ground and spun around to face wil. nearly in tears i hugged him burying my head in his chest. i could not be more thankful that he found me. 

hugging me back, wil laughed trying to lighten the mood before saying 

"you know, i don't know how i'd survive in this world if i were short." 

i laughed before punching him in the stomach lightly. his 6'5 frame towered over me. releasing myself from his arms i smiled. before we started walking again, he slipped his hand into mine

"so you don't get lost"