33 - To Never Let Go

Start from the beginning

Then he walks toward Jimin. Silently.

No no no-

"I really don't know what happened," Jimin backs up helplessly. He knows his blabbering is probably useless but it doesn't hurt to try. "I lost control when Y/n heard Jungkook's voice, she forced me out somehow, and by the time I hugged her to increase our physical contact it was already too late because the rest of them came. Please, sir, you've got to believe me! It's never happened before and I don't know why it did this time!"

Jimin's back hits the wall. The cold surface sends shivers through his body.

"I've had enough of you, Park Jimin."

This is it.

Jimin shuts his eyes and braces himself.

It's the end and he knows it. He'll get sent back to Training Headquarters and never see the light of day again. He'll never be able to hug Taehyung again, or laugh with Hobi, or play games with Jungkook again, and he'll never be able to apologize for all the harm that he's done to his friends -

"You have been nothing but infuriating."

- but maybe it was for the best, really, because they're safe now, right? The friends he's grown up with and loved so much?

"Look at me."

Jimin opens his eyes.

The Commander is so furious that there's a hint of red in his dark eyes. If looks could kill, Jimin would be long gone by now.

He holds his breath.

"As much as I want to send you back there Jimin," the Commander sighs, breaking eye contact, "there's one last thing."

What?

"... y-yes? Sir?"

"Oh, the relief on your face," the Commander chuckles. The tension in the air loosens slightly. "Yes. I was notified a few days ago by the principal of Freedom Academy. We are going after the boy instead. Jungkook, I believe?"

"Jungkook?"

"We're going after the girl because of her unusual abilities, yes? Not to fight against it." He's twirling his fingers again in that hypnotizing motion. Jimin is careful not to look at it directly. "So it makes more sense to go after Jungkook. The girl will turn herself in to save him."

The plan leaves a bitter taste in Jimin's mouth.

"You will lead us to them," the Commander says before Jimin can respond. "We're bringing all the Fighters with us so there's no escape for them this time. You will not interfere with anything once Y/n and Jungkook are in sight. Surely you can do that?"

Jimin hesitantly nods.

"If you can't even do nothing right, then I'm afraid you've got no hope," the Commander sneers. "We'll gather at the clearing in three hours. It'll be a surprise attack. Be there on time."

"Yes, sir."

"See to it that you do," he says airily. "Now, shoo. I've wasted enough of my time."

Jimin turns to leave.

"And Jimin?"

He pauses at the doorway.

"Don't leave the school grounds." The Commander looks at his fingernails, seemingly disinterested. Jimin knows he's anything but. "I'll know if you do, we've got security all around the school. It's a pity I can't trust you like before."