Chapter 7 : All nighter gone wrong

Chapter 7

Later...    

Riker POV

"Do you think they're asleep yet?" Ryland whispered.

"No. They just turned off their light. They're not asleep yet," Rocky whispered.

Rocky was in charge of watching the light under our parent's door. Their door was closed, but we wanted to make sure they were asleep before we started our all nighter.

"We need to wait until we hear dad snoring," Ross said.

We were all really bored. Normally we would just go on our phones for a while. But we didn't have them.

"Let's play truth or dare while we wait," Rydel said.

"Ok. Rydel, truth or dare?" Ross asked.

"Truth."

"Which brother is your favorite? And you can't say all of us."

"My favorite brother is... Rocky. Riker, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Do you really think you're going to die if you get the virus?"

"My doctor said there was a good chance of it, so yeah... Rocky, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Of course... I dare you to let Ross give you a tattoo with a sharpie."

"Fine."

Rydel gave Ross the marker and he wrote "Ross was here" on Rocky's arm.

"I just heard dad snore. Come on. Let's go to the lake," Rocky said.

"I thought we were going to play games and eat snacks first," I said, feeling a bit nervous.

"We can do that later. Now come on. Everyone grab their flashlights!" Rocky whispered.

We all got our flashlights and crept down the stairs, following Rocky. We put on our coats and boots and then snuck out the back door.

It was freezing outside because it was nighttime. And it was kind of windy. 

"Alright, let's go," Rocky said, after he shut the door.

We all walked in silence down to the lake. I think we were all a little scared that there would be bears or something, so we were all listening for weird noises.

We made it to the lake and we could actually see a little bit from the moonlight.

"Alright, Riker, truth or dare?" Rocky asked.

"Truth."

"Come on. Do a dare. Stop being so scared."

"Fine. Dare."

"I dare you to jump off the dock and pretend you're doing a dive into the water."

I slowly walked down the dock. I just don't want to slip once I hit the ice.

"Come on, Riker. Hurry up!" Ross said.

Everyone had their flashlights on me. I have a feeling I'm just going to slip. 

I jumped off the dock. But instead of slipping on the ice, the ice cracked beneath me and I went under the icy water.

I stood up and the water was only about to my waist, but I was absolutely freezing now. And my siblings were screaming.

"Guys! Shhh! We're going to wake people up!" Rydel said.

I got out of the lake. My legs were shaking from being so cold.

"We need to get Riker back to the cabin before he freezes," Rydel said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"But we just got here!" Ryland whined.

"Then you guys can go play on the tire swing or something, but we need to warm Riker up," Rocky said.

We started walking back up to our cabin. Once we got back, Ryland and Ross took off towards the tire swing. Rocky, Rydel, and I snuck back inside and went down to the basement. My legs were nearly numb now and I couldn't stop shaking.

"Ok, I'll start running him a bath. You go sneak upstairs and get him a change of clothes," Rydel said.

Rocky left and Rydel brought me into the bathroom. It's good there's a bathroom in the basement so we can make the least amount of noise possible.

"R-Rydel, I-I'm c-cold."

"I know. You'll be fine once you get in the bath."

"D-do y-you t-think w-we s-should w-wake u-up m-mom a-and d-dad?"

"Riker, they would kill us if they found out. You'll be fine. Trust me. Now take your wet clothes off."

I stripped down to just my underwear and then got in the bath. It felt so good and I stopped shivering.

Rocky came back and put my change of clothes on the sink counter.

"How are you doing now, Riker?" Rocky asked.

"Better."

"Ok, good."

"Rocky, go check on Ross and Ryland, ok?" Rydel asked.

"Yeah."

Rocky left, and it was just me and Rydel.

"Are you ready to get out and get dressed?" Rydel asked.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Ok. I'll meet you in the living room."

I got out of the bath and changed into dry clothes. When I got to the living room, Rydel and Rocky were there, and they both had weird looks on their faces.

"What?" I asked.

"Ross and Ryland are missing," Rocky said.