Twenty-Six

Vic

Vic

It had been a few days since I told Lo about herself, in hopes that she'd finally see that I was the man for her, but she hasn't reached out to me yet, and I was starting to regret saying all those things to her. I just didn't understand why she would come over here, looking for some type of evidence, just so she could clear Kash's name. Hopefully, she didn't think that I was that dumb to have evidence lying around here. Shit, I even got rid of the gloves I used after strangling her friend to death, disposing them in a trashcan on the opposite side of town. This wasn't my first rodeo, and I knew how to get rid of evidence, making sure that nothing would be traced back to me.

"The fuck is you in here doing?" Vance asked, walking into my room. He had officially overstayed his welcome, and it was time for him to go, before I do something I regret to his ass.

"Nothing." I answered, staring across at Lo's window. Even though I couldn't see anything, I could still vision her walking passed her window, without a care in the world; probably wearing some tiny ass shorts, and a tank top, with no bra on. That girl there was just a full blown goddess, and no matter how bad I wanted to hate her, she had me completely wrapped around her finger.

"This is the saddest shit I've ever seen. Nigga, you need to leave that girl alone and move the fuck on! Clearly, she wants nothing more to do with you, so why don't you do yourself a favor, and find a girl that's actually available?" I turned my head a little, looking at him on the corner of my eye, letting out a small laugh.

"You have no idea what you're talking about, so why don't you just do us both a favor, and take your ass back to California?!"

"You know what? Say less, my nigga, but check this out... You making an ass out of yourself, going after an engaged ass woman, who can clearly see through your ass! But you ain't gotta listen me, lil brother. You gon' do what the fuck you want, but don't call me to come clean up the mess again, because this time... You're on your own!" He snapped, as he stormed out of the room. I jumped up and followed him, catching him before he made it to the stairs.

"How did you know that Lo was engaged?" I asked him. I surely don't remember telling him that Lo was engaged, so how the fuck did he know?

"I peeped that ring on her finger, dumb ass! Which is also another reason why you need to leave her alone! She's clearly still planning on marrying that nigga, so why the fuck is you still trying to pursue her?" He asked me. I couldn't even answer, cause I knew that deep down he was right, but at the same time... I still had hope. Hope that she was coming around, and chooses me over Kash.

"I... I..."

"See what I mean? You can't even answer one simple question, so why can't you just let this shit go, and come back to California with me?" Maybe he was right. Maybe I should just let Lo go and move on with my life, but that was easier said than done.