Twenty-Three

Kash

Kash

"THAT'S BULLSHIT!" I shouted, knocking the cup of water off of the table. "I'M NOT GONNA PLEAD GUILTY TO SOMETHING I DIDN'T DO!" My lawyer had me all riled up, basically asking to get yanked up in this damn room, but that would only add fuel to the fire. His punk ass really waltzed his long head ass up in here and told me to plea guilty, only serving no less than fifteen years. I went the fuck off, cause I told his ass over, and over again, that I had nothing to do with Bella's murder, and I refused to go down for a crime I didn't commit.

"Mr. Taylor, please calm down!" He begged, as one of the correctional officer's rushed into the room.

"I'll calm down when you do your goddamn job! I've been in this bitch for two whole weeks, and you've done NOTHING to get me out of here! How many times do I have to explain to y'all that I didn't kill Bella, nor do I know who did?! I have a fucking alibi, you called the couple's counselor, AND you spoke to my fiancé! What more do you want from meeee?" I had to channel my inner Tyrese, because I was seriously on the verge of crying at this point.

For the last two weeks, all I've been doing was trying to prove that I was innocent in all of this, but my bail was continuously getting denied. It didn't add up to anyone how while I was in a therapy session, someone responded to Bella's text messages, and ended up killing her, and made sure all traces were led back to me. It didn't make sense at all, not even to me, but what could I do? I didn't even know what was going on and yet... I was paying the price for it.

"I'm doing my best to try and get you out on bail, but the judge isn't biting. With this small, but plausible evidence they have on you... It might be better if you had done it. Now, if you plead guilty and say that it was self-defense, we might can get you up to twenty years in jail. If you plead not guilty... Well, you'll probably get sentenced to life in prison for first degree murder, with no parole." He told me.

"Self-defense? Why would I plead self defense, when I didn't do shit in the first place? It's clear that I'm being set up, and I can accept the fact that I had ties with Bella, but that shit was cut the minute my fiancé found out about us! But what I'm not about to do is confess to a murder that I didn't commit! I'm tired of repeating my damn self! There's no proof on my phone that shows I had text that girl, and I know them dumb ass police officers can pull my phone records! Shit, if they can't... I bet my fiancé can! She's done it before, and she'd do it again!" I snapped. At this point, I was starting to wish I did kill that bitch, just so I actually had a reason to go through this bullshit. They had little to no evidence on a nigga, despite them non-existing text messages, but is that really enough to keep me in here? I mean, really?

"I hear what you're saying, Mr. Taylor, and I promise you that we're going to appeal and get you out on bail. You have my word."

"Aight, and how long is that going to take?"

"I'll have the papers on the judge's desk by this afternoon, and hopefully, if they grant bail this time around, we can have you out by Friday. That is, if someone pays your bail." He said. I knew Lo would rush down here and pay my bail, no questions ask, but that wouldn't happen until the judges quit bullshitting.

"Just do what you got to do, and get me the fuck up outta here." I told him. He nodded his head, as he gathered his things, and stood up.

"I'll see you soon." Why do I have a feeling that I'm never gon' get up out of here? Just the stress of being in here, while Lo's out there probably being stalked by Vic's ass, has me all types of paranoid. I can't even deal.

*

"How are you holding up?" Lo asked me, as I leaned up against the wall.

"I'm making it." I told her. "But the real question is... How are you doing? With me not being around to protect you, I know that nigga, Vic, probably been stalking you." Just the thought of Lo fucking his black ass again, rubbed me the wrong way. I just really hoped that she wasn't fucking him again, or there was gon' be some hell to pay.

"I'm alright. I just miss you like crazy, and as far as Vic goes... He's been texting and calling, but I haven't responded or answered him. Between you and me, I think he had something to do with Bella's death." That made my ears perk up real quick, as I turned around and faced the wall.

"What you mean?"

"Well, I went by her place, because her landlord called and asked me to come by and see if there was anything I wanted, and I ended up finding a phone number on the coffee table. It belonged to Vic's older brother Vance." She explained.

"There's another one of him? Jesus Christ!" I huffed, shaking my head.

"Trust me... Vance is nothing like Vic. If anything, I think he's a little scared of him."

"And what makes you think that?"

"I ended up calling him and inviting him over to Bella's apartment, and we had a very interesting conversation. He told me about Vic's ex-girlfriend, and how he killed her, after she and her boyfriend set him up and tried to rob him. He also said that he falls in love fast and hard, and that I needed to cut all ties with him, and stay far away from him." She said.

"Shit, I been told you that." I chuckled. "That nigga is obviously in love with you, and if I wasn't already locked up for murder, I'd kill his ass my damn self!"

"Babe, don't say that. You and I both know that our phone call is being recorded by the police, and I don't want them to have another reason to keep you locked up. I just want you back home with me."

"I know, baby, and I want that too, but the judge keeps denying my bail. The justice system is all the way fucked up, but I promise you... I'm coming back home to you, baby. Just stick with me and be patient."

"You know I'm riding with you until the wheels fall off." She responded, making me laugh. What the hell was I thinking when I cheated on her? Clearly, I wasn't thinking, because I have the perfect woman in my life, and I didn't start appreciating her until things started going crazy.

"You still plan on marrying me?" I asked her.

"Of course. I mean... We still have a lot that we need to work on, but with a lot of effort and counseling, I think that we can get back to where we once were." Just hearing her say that put a smile on my face, motivating me to do everything I possibly could to get back to her. Sure, I couldn't do much while in jail, but Lo could try and clear my name.

"I'm glad to hear that, baby."

"You have sixty seconds left on this call." The automated voice chimed in, making me sigh heavily. Short ass fifteen minutes!

"Listen to me, Lo. As much as I hate this... I need you to try and get a confession out of Vic. If he did kill Bella, then you're the only one who can get him to confess." I told her.

"But how the hell am I going to do that?" She questioned.

"You'll figure it out. I know you will, but I love you, and I'll call you as soon as I can."

"Uh... Okay, I love you too." And with that, the line went dead. I had faith in Lo, and I know that she could make any man do what she wanted them to do, and since Vic was so in love with her, this should be a cake walk.