Eleven

Vic

Vic

"What the hell you mean somebody broke into your house last night?" Vance shouted, making me remove the phone from my ear. I was already pissed off about some niggas breaking into my house, so I really didn't need him to add on to my fucked up ass mood.

"Just like I said, fool. I was... Eating something, and out of nowhere, my alarm went off, and I heard a bunch of footsteps running off. They came in through the backdoor, but they didn't steal anything, which only means one thing. Somebody knows who I am, and they know about the money." I huffed, running my hands down my face. I thought I had done a good job at laying low, but I guess I haven't. Since moving to Tennessee, I've only met three people since I've been here, and that's Lo, Kash, and Bella. Kash and Bella have been too involved with each other, and I've been too busy trying to expose them to Lo, so who else knows about me?

"Man, look, you need to pack up and be on the first flight to Cali by tonight. I can pick you up from the airport, and you can stay with me."

"I can't just up and leave, Vance. I've gotten comfortable here, and I also... Uh... I met someone."

"Here yo ass go!" He grumbled. "You remember what happened the last time you so called met someone?"

"Vance, don't bring that old shit up!"

"I bet this one got a nigga too, don't she? Always wanting something, or someone, you can't have, which only leads to some shit that will one day kill your stupid ass!" He spat.

"Look, I don't need, nor did I ask for your weak ass opinion! This time isn't like the last time, so chill the fuck out and give me a few days to come up with a plan."

"Yeah, whatever. Call me when you get your head out of that bitch's ass! Hopefully, it won't be too late!" And with that, Vance hung up on me, as I sighed heavily and tossed my phone on the bed.

A year ago, before me and my brother came to a decision to move away from the Bronx, I was involved with this girl that I fell head over heels in love with. Yeah, she had a boyfriend or whatever, but she wasn't happy with him, which is when I swooped in and decided to do everything that I knew she would appreciate. Wining and dining her in the finest restaurants, eating and fucking her to the point where she'd pass out, and I even gave her a place to stay when she didn't want to go home to that nothing ass boyfriend of hers. I was literally, the perfect side nigga, just working my way up to becoming the main nigga, until one day she decided that she didn't want to continue seeing me. Turns out, that punk ass boyfriend of hers had proposed to her, and she was going to marry him, despite her telling me a few days prior that she was going to leave him for me. Needless to say, I was heartbroken and something deep inside of me had snapped.

I had called her and asked her to come over so I could see her one last time and she agreed, not knowing that she wasn't going to make it out of my house alive. We talked for a minute, which almost led to something else, but everything got interrupted when her nigga kicked my door in, holding me at gunpoint. At first, I thought it was just a jealous ass boyfriend, coming to take his girl back... But I was wrong. This bitch had set me up, telling her nigga about the money that my uncle left me, and they planned on robbing me and probably killing my ass. I was hurt, but I was angrier then anything. Not just at the snake ass bitch, but at myself, because I didn't see it coming. I didn't see any of this coming: