Fifteen

Lo

Lo

Kash has really been working overtime to mend things between us, and I really admired his dedication, but at the same time... I was really starting to like Vic a lot. Ever since I asked Kash to move out, I've been sad and lonely, but whenever Vic comes around, I find myself happy and full of life. I really want to make things work with Kash, only because we've invested so much time in each other, but then again... I can't get over what happened between him and Bella. The whole situation still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Today, Kash and I have our first session with a couple's counselor, and I really hope that he or she can fix what's broken between us. Though I'm not sure how that's even possible, seeing as how we have a lot going on between the both of us, so I hope this couple's counselor is ready for mess we're about to bring into the office.

"What's going on with you, Londyn? Why are you postponing the wedding? Is something wrong? Are you and Kash going through something?" My mom asked. Kash sent all of our wedding guests' emails, letting them know that the wedding has been postponed until further notice, and of course, my mom wasted no time calling me so she could find out what was going on. For the last month, I had been avoiding her, but when she sent me a text and told me that she was going to make a trip... I called her quickly, and briefly explained bits of pieces of what was going on. Of course, I didn't tell her about Kash cheating, or my flings with Vic, but I did tell her that we hit a rough patch, and hopefully, she understood what I meant.

"Mom, there's a lot going on right now, but I can't tell you what it is. Not yet, anyways." I told her.

"Baby, what is it? Is he hitting on you?"

"What? No! No, he's not hitting me or anything like that. There's just a lot that we need to figure out before we take this big step and get married." I was trying to give her an answer that she would be pleased with for now, but judging by her reaction, she wasn't buying a word I said.

"Do you want me to fly out there for awhile? You won't even know that I'm there, and I can help out around the house." She asked.

"No, Mom, I'm fine. But I gotta go, so I'll call you later on. I love you, and tell Dad I said hi." I quickly hung up, just as I pulled into the parking lot of the couple's counseling building. Kash was already there waiting on me, which made me smile a little, as I climbed out of the car.

"I thought you changed your mind." He smirked, walking over to where I was.

"Not at all."

"You look beautiful." I furrowed my eyebrows a little, looking at him like he was crazy. I was wearing a pair of tight fitting blue jeans, a loose fitting t-shirt, and a pair of Converse sneakers. My hair was down and in loose curls, and I had little to no makeup on. I usually only dressed down one day out of the week, not including Sunday's, but today, I wasn't in the mood to dress up and be pretty.

"Uh... Thank you." I smiled, allowing him to kiss my forehead.

"So, you ready for this?" He asked me.

"As ready as I'll ever be, but before we go inside, is there anything else you want to tell me? I don't want to go in here, only to get blindsided by new information that will potentially upset me afterwards."

"There is one thing I haven't told you, but I know that when I do tell you, you're going to be pissed off. And before you say anything, it has nothing to do with Bella or anyone else. A few months ago, I got laid off, and have been out of work since then."

"Seriously? Why are you just now telling me this?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"I was ashamed, plus, we were in the middle of finalizing the details for the wedding, and I thought I could find a new job before then." He explained.

"First of all, we weren't in the middle of finalizing details for the wedding, I was. Secondly, that's no excuse for not telling me! And lastly, where were you all day long when I thought you were at work?"

"I was at my homie, Jason's house. He does some illegal, under the table shit, and since I was desperate for the money, I decided to join in and do some harmless jobs." I scoffed, and turned away from him, running my fingers through my hair. It was like I didn't even know who he was anymore, and that scared me. Just two months ago, I couldn't see myself without Kash, but now? I was seriously questioning if I wanted to be with him or not.

"Wow." That was all I could say.

"There's more."

"I don't think I can hear anymore." I groaned. "What is it?"

"I knew that you had slept with Vic, because... Well, because I saw you two." He revealed. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking at him like he was crazy, as he ran his hands up and down his beard.

"What do you mean you saw us?"

"That night, me and the homies broke into his house, looking for some type of fortune that he has, and when I went upstairs, I saw him giving you head."

"THAT WAS YOU?!" I shrieked, covering my mouth. He looked away from me, as I just stared at him, trying to fully comprehend what the hell he just told me.

"Don't look at me like that." He grumbled, looking back at me.

"I'm just trying to understand this. You're telling me that you and your friends broke into someone else's house, looking for a fortune that doesn't belong to any of you? What was the planned after that, huh? You all split whatever you were looking for down the middle, possibly using that to pay for our wedding, and living off of that until we ran out? Please tell me, Kash! Tell me why you would do that?" I snapped. I just can't believe that it was Kash and his friends that broke into Vic house, scaring us both to death, and almost getting caught by Vic and the police. "This was a mistake." I turned to leave, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Baby, wait, please... Just hold up."

"I can't believe you would do that! "

"It was stupid, I know, but I was desperate, and I figured that this money would set us up for the rest of our lives. I'm sorry, and after this session, I'll come clean and tell Vic everything. Okay? Just... Let's go in here and try to work this out." He begged. I didn't even know who this man was. This desperate, thieving, poor excuse of a man, was not the person I fell in love with. I know I asked for the truth, but I didn't expect for him to tell me the shit he had just told me. Now, I don't know what to think about him, or this situation.