Chapter 27

"Anakin said he'd meet me just a few blocks away from here," Saasha told Ahsoka. The woman nodded her head and followed Saasha's lead on where to go.

There were a couple of moments of silence between the two, but sounds of speeders and honking horns filled the air.

They were about to turn a corner of which Anakin would be on the other side. Ahsoka waited for her cue behind the corner.

"Saasha, you know you're not supposed to be out on your own. The only reason I agreed to meet you was because you were basically already here," Anakin started once she rounded the corner.

"Who said I was alone?" She smiled as Anakin crossed his arms over his chest, a confused expression on his face.

Ahsoka appeared from behind the wall, and Anakin's expression immediately changed to shock. He stood there, wide-eyed, staring at his former padawan.

Ahsoka smiled at his astonished expression, "Hello, Anakin."

Anakin finally snapped out of the daze he was in as he heard Ahsoka's familiar voice again.

"Ahsoka, I'm so sorry for every-" but before he could continue, she stepped towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck. She was taller now, but still a little bit shorter than Anakin. Her montrals stretched a bit higher than him, but she was sure that he wouldn't count that.

Anakin took a breathe and returned the hug. "I missed you, Snips," he whispered. "I missed you too, Skyguy," she replied.

They pulled away from each other, and Anakin spoke again, "You got old," he joked with a smile. "So did you," she returned.

Saasha was now the one to talk, "I'm sorry to break up the reunion, but we should probably get somewhere a bit safer."

"She's right," Ahsoka replied.

"Before we go back to the temple, I know someone who would want to see you, Ahsoka." Anakin smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin and Ahsoka sat on the couches in Padme's apartment. Padme had been overjoyed to see her and Ahsoka received quite a big hug from her. She was in the kitchen, making some more tea. Saasha went with Padme to give them some time privately first.

"So can I ask what brings you here, Ahsoka?" Anakin asked her.

"I heard what's going on, I want to help." she started. She took a breath before continuing, "I have been having visions the past couple of days. Saasha is killed, they succeed. She was killed by Dooku's master, but I couldn't figure out who it was." Anakin lowered his eyes to the floor and put a hand to his face.

"I won't let it happen, Snips. I can't." he sighed.

"I know you won't, Anakin. I want to help you guys get to the bottom of this and to keep Saasha in one piece through this disaster," she said softly.

"Thank you, Ahsoka. I'm sure Saasha will be thrilled to have another person to interact with. She's bored out of her mind." he slightly smiled.

"I heard that!" they heard her yell from the kitchen. Anakin rolled his eyes as his smile grew, and Ahsoka let out a small chuckle. Saasha reminded her a lot of herself when she was that age. She could sense how much Saasha meant to Anakin. She doesn't know what would happen to him if he lost her.

"I thought you agreed that you wouldn't eavesdrop," Anakin fired back.

"I wasn't! The only thing I heard was the last part," she grinned as she came into the living room, clearly oblivious to Ahsoka's vision she expressed.

She sat down on the couches next to Ahsoka.

"Well, since you two don't know each other very well, why don't you spend some time together?" Anakin offered. "I have a meeting with the Chancellor about this matter anyway," he added.

Ahsoka could sense uneasiness fill the teenager next to her at the mention of the Chancellor.

"I would love to if Saasha is open to the idea," Ahsoka spoke, pushing that aside for now.

"Yes, of course," Saasha said as they all rose to their feet.

Anakin trusted Ahsoka with his life while she was his padawan, and he still did. He knew she would take good care of Saasha and wouldn't let anything happen to her. Plus, if Ahsoka was going to be joining them, they may as well get to know each other because they were about to enter a journey where things just got harder and more dangerous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You've probably seen this meme before but I had to share it