A Chanced Encounter pt 1

I woke up from my nap over to Ciel's when my stupid butler suddenly stopped the carriage, probably just to annoy me. I growled but let out a soft yawn and stretched cracking my back in the process. Alton helped me out and then grabbed my suitcase before walking with me to the front door. Alton went to knock but the door swung open before he could. Alton let his arm drop but his eyes never left the butler. How strange, but then again Alton was always weird about things. Like his weird obsession with dogs.  We were lead into Ciel's house and upstairs to a room where Ceil and Madame red were talking and playing a game of chess. I quietly signaled Alton to put my stuff way which he silently pouted but then walked off with Ciel's butler so he knew which room I would be staying in.  I decided to quietly listen in on their conversation before entering the room. 

"You must've had other choices in life besides being the underworld's guard dog. My sister... Your mother must have wanted something else for you, too. And yet you returned to the underworld... Is it because you are trying to avenge your parents death?" 

I watched Ciel take a sip of his tea quietly. He seemed disinterested in anything that she was saying. 

"Revenge wont bring dead back, and it certainty wouldn't make them happy. I didn't come back to the house of Phantomhive for my predecessor's sakes. I did it for me." 

I smiled softly and sighed. Ciel was always such a strong boy never really letting people see how his parents death affected him. I thought about my parents everyday but I can't do anything about it. They fell off a cliff on the return back to the house when they tried to avoid running into another carriage. Sometimes it happens but it least it wasn't too brutal of a death and I didn't have to witness it. I could never imagine how Ciel feels.  By the time I came back to reality Madame Red had gotten up and was next to Ciel. There conversation just ended and I decided to make myself known. "Hello Ciel, Madame Red." 

They both looked up when they heard me talking and I swear for a split second I saw Ciel smile. I walked into the room and over to the two Alton and Sebastian now behind me as well. 

"So Ciel, when did you get a new butler? He seems like a hard working one too unlike your other helpers. They are loveable but I cannot count how many times I've seen them ruin or break something."

Ciel sighed before getting up and walked over to greet me as Madame Red stayed where she was. "I could say the same for you y/n. He seems like he'd be a lot of help." I looked shocked and then tried to hold in my laughter. I lasted only a few seconds before bending over clutching my stomach as I laughed. "Him? Helpful!?" I pointed back at Alton who was now pouting and had his arms crossed.  "Don't be ridiculous Ciel. He wouldn't be useful even if you asked him to read a simple children's book!" Alton pouted more and whined, "Well you aren't that great either young master! Constantly being mean to me and laughing at me." 

Ciel paled and helped me stand up straight. "Ah I see well... Still nice to have another pair of hands." I nod and look back at Alton. "Yes I guess you could say that." Alton was staring at Sebastian once again that strange demon mutt. As we talked Madame Red got ready to leave putting on her coat and Sebastian escorted her to the door.  

Before I knew it, it was the nest day and Alton was in my room waking me up for the day. We were finally going to help Ciel caught that insane butcher killing people around this town. I sat up and stretched my arms up into the air.

 "Any information you found out with Sebastian last night while me and Ciel were retired?" 

He nodded softly and pulled out a stack of papers paperclipped together. I was lucky Alton was at least serious during missions and when it was required. I wouldn't know what to do if he was always an idiot. It's not like you could go back on a deal with a demon. 

"Sebastian and I stayed up all night trying to figure out who the killer is and it just doesn't make sense young master, the result is always the same. None of the humans inside viscount's mansion could have done it. No person could move that quick." 

I nodded and sighed rubbing the side of my head. "You don't suppose Sebastian did it. Something about him doesn't seem very human." Alton chuckled and shot my a razor sharp smirk. "You would be right about that master. He isnt human. Sebastian is a demon like me. A crow demon to be exact and isn't he just so handsome for being a crow~" He cooed. I kicked him and growled. 

"Stay focused Alton we aren't here just so you could flirt with a demon dulter like yourself. We're here to help Ciel." 

He laughed and nodded before his face grew serious again. "To answer your question, no Sebastian did not kill anyone. I have been keeping a close eye on him. I would have noticed if he ran off to do a little late night kill."

I groan and got up staying still so Alton could dress me. "Then who could it possibly be?" I growled and sighed getting frustrated with this mission already. Typically they would be easier then this, especially with a demon butler. Alton finished tying my ribbon and stood up. "Well I may have one idea young master." He leaned down and whispered into my ear and I gasped. "No it couldn't be!" Alton only smiled at me and shrugged before escorting me out of the room. 

Later that evening I was standing outside in the rain with Alton, Ciel, and Sebastian on a stake out. Apparently Sebastian had informed Ciel with the same information that Alton gave me. The only question I had was if he knew I too had a demon butler. 

"He'll show up if we stake out this place, right?" 

I asked looking up at the three and Sebastian nodded softly "Yes." Wow he was a lot more blunt then my Alton was. I kind of wish I made a deal with him now or literally any other butler. Ciel leaned against the damp brick wall of a building we were standing next to. 

"You know, I've realized that the murdered prostitutes had other things in common besides having their organs removed." 

I nod softly "That glossy black hair they all had right Ciel?" He nodded softly, "The only thing I still don't understand is why he had to kill them." The rain had started to ease up a bit but never stopped dripping. "Sinfully lovable." Sebastian spoke and then then continued on, "So soft...Yes, so soft... Oh, so soft." I looked over confused only to noticed that Sebastian was now kneeling down and cuddling a little black cat who was trying to push him away. "Why can't he cuddle me like that?!" Alton shouted and tears were streaming down his face. "Am I not good enough for you Sebastian?" A tick mark appeared on my forehead but before I could yell at Alton there was a woman's scream off in the distant but close enough to run to. I looked over to Ciel shocked. "How did someone get past us?!" 

Ciel frowned. "I'm not sure but we must hurry!" He shouted before running off in the direction of the scream with me and the butler close behind him. He shoved open the door and there in the pitch black room was a bloody and dead girl laying in the middle of the floor. Her eyes held no more life unlike Ciel's who were wide and full of fear. Sebastian quickly grabbed Ciel and covered his eyes "Come away young lord." He pulled him away from the door. Alton did the same but my face was buried in his chest since he picked me up. "No one your age should experience that sight." Alton whispered softly and pet my hair gently to calm  my breathing. I couldn't see Ciel but I heard his deep and ragged breathing before the sounds of him throwing up making me shutter. If there was anything I hated seeing more then blood it was the sound of someone throwing up. 

"That's quite a mess you made, Jack the Ripper..." I heard Sebastians calm voice ring out in the quiet as Alton made sure to keep my face in his chest. I could hear a faint growling coming from him. He was quite protective when he wished to be. "Or should I say, Grell Sutcliff?" Alton mumbled, glaring at the servant of Madame Red as he walked out of the house absolutely covered in blood.