Alone in The Dark

I'm alone in a pitch black space. It's not a room because its not a solid place and yet at the same time it feels physical. The place wasn't cold nor warm it was just, blank. Unfeeling and quite yet if I talked I feel as though the whole world would hear me no matter how soft I spoke. I looked around myself in the blank place before I discovered I could walk here.  I picked a direction and started to walk. I may have only walked a few steps but then paused to call out.

"Hello? I'd like to make a deal!"

As soon as I called out into the abyss I felt a warmth embrace me and someone standing behind me. I turned my head and saw two glowing golden eyes. I turned around completely and saw a wide grinned smile accompanying the eyes with razor sharp fangs. It was a wolf. 

"You'd like to make a deal?"

The voice was deep but relaxing man's voice. The strange thing however was that when it spoke I never saw its mouth open or the grin disappear. It was like the voice was in my head rather then out loud. I nod my head slightly at the demons question.

"I already know the conditions and the payment. Give me the mark here demon."

I lift my arm up to move my hair out of the way in order to expose my forehead. I point at my right temple and the wolf stared at me with an unchanging expression. 

"Are you sure you would like it there? Once the mark is sealed I cannot move it." 

I nod once again, "Yes my forehead is one of the most visible places giving us the strongest bond possible am I correct?"

The wolf nodded and suddenly I saw its body appear and it lunged at me. That was the last thing I can picture before waking up but that was years ago. Currently I am fourteen and I get to visit a close friend of mine on business for the queen. I smile softly to myself at the thought of seeing my old friend once again until my head butler walked through the door. 

"Good morning master. Did you sleep well last night?"

I look up at the man in front of me and stared into his yellow eyes for a second, so rare and beautiful. I blinked as he moved some of his black hair hair out of his face. 

"Yes Alton, I slept just fine thank you. What are the plans for today?"

Alton smiled showing off his fang like teeth as he started to dress me for the day. The outfit he chose was my typical look. A formal white shirt, on top of that a green button up poncho, a dark grey ribbon tied into a bow along with black pants and shoes to match. He slipped up my socks and placed my shoes on my feet. He finally started to talk about the plans for the day as he tied my bow and fixed my hair to hide my mark. 

"Well as you are probably aware today you must travel to Phantomhive's manor in order to discuss the case of the grim reaper murders. Isn't that fun Y/N? Solving a murder mystery and seeing your little crush~"

I let out a soft gasp and frowned kicking him in the face. 

"Shut up! Who the hell gave you the right to talk to me like that!?"

He spit up blood before busting out into loud annoying laughter.

"Excuse me master but I couldn't help it. You're just so cute when you are angry."

He had a huge grin on his face making me growl and hit him again. Of course this only caused him to laugh even more the annoying mutt. I stood up and crossed my arms. I started to walk off to my study and turned to him before leaving. 

"Get my carriage ready to leave and then come get me at once."

Alton stood up from his kneeling position and bowed before rushing passed me and down the hall. I swear he's lucky I'm now stuck with him.  I should have read the fine print on your contract. I sat down at my study and started on my work. An hour had passed when the door flew open and of course there stood my stupid demon. 

"A knock every once in a while would be nice Alton." 

I grumbled and he laughed softly. He walked over to me and grinned more looking me up an down a bit. That nasty fucking demon. 

"There's no fun in knocking master. Now lets get going the carriage is ready for you outside."

He cooed. I let out an aggravated sigh before getting up and walked past him not even wanting to glance at him. I walked outside to see my gardener working on the flowers in the front and smiled a bit. "Good morning Booth!" I called out to him so he could hear me. He looked up and smiled at me. "Good morning my lord!" He shouted as he waved before going back to tending the flowers. 

I got into the carriage and looked at my manor  smiling softly. My home and garden was spotless and I was the head of the L/N manor by the age of ten due to an unstoppable situation that caused my parents to die.