Chapter 10: Time Keeper And Time Eater

Hours passed, and Keith was in his room. He practiced his fighting skills with Darkheart for the rest of the night, and he wore himself out. He got onto his bed, his electronics by his side, him thinking about all the craziness that happened earlier. Suddenly, he thought,

"Wait a minute... All this time, it was supposed to be quarantine, but someone overwrote reality and made it school time? Sh*t, they overwrote everyone's minds! Who could have done this?"

He sat on his bed, his back on his pillows next to the wall. He thought of what 2021 could bring, and thought of Lei Lao Shi's sudden tyranny upon the school. He then heard a voice saying, "Based on my Time Keeper's predictions, I can safely say that the school will be destroyed by tomorrow. I have to tell my friends about this."

Another voice then said, "What if time won't follow you? I won't let you get away with this, fool."

Keith knew it was Gladwin and his brother, Winston. It seemed that Gladwin was in trouble, so he turned off the lights in his room. He then used Darkheart to turn off the lights in their room, then Shadow Traveled them to his room. He turned on the lights, and saw the two of them, about to have a showdown. "I'll help you, Gladwin. Lei Lao Shi must have overwritten his mind, just like how she overwrote quarantine."

"So, what's the plan?" Gladwin asked, stopping time and allowing Keith to move in his stopped time.

"We beat him up. It's the only way. I figured out that if someone goes unconscious, the overwrite goes away."

"Alright."

Gladwin summoned his Time Keeper and smacked Winston with it, while Keith did the same behind him. Suddenly, time resumed, and Winston said, "You fools. My Time Eater nullifies the effect of Time Keeper, meaning no interference in time can harm me."

"Then we'll fight without stopping time." Keith said, charging in.

In an instant, before Gladwin could move, Keith was instantly pummeled and sent flying into the bookshelf on the left wall, dropping multiple books on him. He stood up, to find multiple cuts and bruises on him. "A sadist enjoys life when they are suffering pain." he said.

The brothers decided not to listen to him, and started fighting. Keith then said, "Enjoy, suffering, pain."

He leaped straight towards Winston, Darkheart charging up a heavy punch. Just as Gladwin said, "Why are you doing it again?" Keith said,

"Darkheart: Pleasure In Pain!"

Darkheart smacked Winston in the face, sending him straight into the right wall near the window and healing Keith with his stolen health. Gladwin was stunned in shock, and Keith said, "He's out. You're welcome." He closed the lights, and Shadow Traveled both of them back to their house. He opened the lights again, and got in his bed, saying, "I wonder, what will New Year's Eve bring. Unfathomable power? Who knows? Only time can tell."