[ t h i r t y t h r e e ]

Start from the beginning

She observed as her strawberry friend walked towards the chalkboard before looking down to her notebook.

"Hey," Stiles called her in a whisper and she turned around to look at him with a smile, "there's some stuff we need to talk about."

"Is everything okay?" She mumbled back, worried. Stiles looked over to Isaac sitting next to her before glancing at his girlfriend again.

"I'll tell you later."

Amelia looked over to the board, noticing what Lydia was doing.

"What the—"

"Lydia!"

She woke up from her transe, looking up to the coach before looking back to the rest of the class, still holding the chalk in her hand while small tears fell though her cheeks.

"Okay then... anybody else want to try answering? This time in English?"

Amelia looked over to what Lydia had written all over the board before writing it down on her notebook, taking out her phone to read the reflection.

She wrote 'EMPLEHENOEMOS', which backwards read clearly...

"SOMEONE HELP ME."

• • •

Amelia walked towards her usual seat in the chemistry lab. She was looking down to her textbooks, more worried about her midterms than caring about Isaac or Erica or Boyd or Derek or Kanima or Argents or Sealgair family...

Woah, she did have a lot of things to stress about.

The girl sat down in her usual spot, noticing how somebody dragged the seat next to her backwards, looking up to see Isaac.

"Hey..." she said again, and before the guy could seat down, Stiles took the chair in a hurry, surprising not only Isaac, but Amelia as well.

"Hey! How's my beautiful girlfriend?"

She saw as Isaac grabbed his backpack and walked away, sitting next to Erica.

"What is up with you?" She muttered angrily. "He's not gonna hurt me in school. And I won't let him."

"Still, I'm not risking it. And there's something you need to know." He looked towards Isaac and Erica before looking at the girl. "They are going to do something to Lydia..."

"And why aren't you sitting next to Lydia like Scott is doing?"

"Because I—" Amelia raised her eyebrows. "I— well... I want to sit with you."

Amelia stared at her boyfriend for a few seconds, confused, before looking up towards Mr. Harris, who just started speaking.

"Einstein once said, 'Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe'," started Harris as he walked towards Stiles and Amelia. "I myself have encounter infinite stupidity." He patted on Stiles's shoulder, making Amelia glance at the teacher as he walked away before looking down to Stiles.

"Do you want me to punch that guy for you?" His girlfriend whispered to his ear, making him smile.

"So," Harris continued, "to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or, in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one."

Stiles rolled his eyes before looking towards Amelia, who simply smiled at him, trying to comfort her boyfriend.

"Erica, take the first station," called her Harris. "You'll start with..."