Shots and Study Dates

It'd been a week since the last full moon, meaning whatever she got as a potential power would've started kicking in by now. Being at school didn't make it any better, only because everything around her was loud, severely loud. "Hey, Miriam, do you wanna come over to my place and study later?"

A sudden look of confusion washed over her face, only because she hadn't expected her to say anything. "Uhm... sure? It might take me a little because I have to go pick my brother up from school and make sure he does his schoolwork if that's alright with you."

"That's fine, I'm sure Scott won't mind having another study buddy," smiling at her, Allison walked off, though she wasn't sure what made her come up to her and ask. To be fair, she hadn't made many friends since the beginning of the school year, let alone any at all. Though she was the new girl, it seemed like Allison was getting more popularity than Miriam was, which she was a-okay with.

"Great, I'll see you then!"

After she made sure Tyler was home safely, Miriam pulled into Allison's driveway with a book bag, though her father, Chris, was standing outside with Scott, Allison, and some other lady. "I'm sorry Miriam, but you can't study with Allison tonight."

"C'mon, Chris, are you really gonna prohibit your daughter's study buddy because of her boyfriend? They were making out in the garage, not shooting amateur porn." Whoever this lady was, she sounded relaxed, which threw the mermaid for a spin. "You can come in, sweetheart, and you can stay for dinner if you want to."

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to be a burden," trying to sound as nice as she could, Miriam still stood by her car, though the lady smiled and shook her head.

"Come on in," closing her car door, Miriam walked over to the others and walked inside. "My name's Kate, I'm Allison's aunt. What's yours?" Trying to sound as hospitable as possible, Kate sounded like she had a secret, though Miriam was in too much of a daze to try to question it.

"Miriam, and it's nice to meet you," holding her hand out to shake, Kate accepted it, which she had a firm grip. "Sorry if my hands may be sweaty, I really wasn't expecting to come to a family dinner, I hope I'm not too much of a hassle."

"Oh, hun, it's all good, besides, it's Chris, isn't it? With the way he stands, it can be intimidating, couldn't it?" Letting go of the handshake, she nervously chuckled and nodded.

"To be honest, when I first met him, I wanted to run. It's a chilling vibe, but then again-" it was clear she was stammering, though she was trying her best not to. "I'm sorry. My anxiety shoots through the roof if I'm not warned about something beforehand. Do you need help setting up the dinner table?"

"Sure, come on, the kitchen's this way."

Sitting at the table, she was at the corner seat, the one nuzzled between Chris and Kate, which she was trying to do her best at being comfortable with. "Would you like anything else to drink besides water, Scott?" From her words, it seemed like he snapped out of whatever daze he was in.

"Oh... no, I'm good, thanks." Sitting up back in his chair, he glanced over to Allison's mother before glancing over to Allison.

"And what about you, Miriam?" With all the eyes on her, she just shook her head while her eyes tried focusing on one thing.

"No thanks, I appreciate the offer," one of her hands fiddled with the hem of her shirt, which she used to try to take her mind off of the situation.

"What about a glass of beer? A shot of tequila?" Hearing her father ask that to both of them, one of Miriam's eyebrows rose in confusion.

"No, sorry, I don't drink." Being quick to answer the question, she went back to eating her food, trying not to be overly fearful of the situation. From what she could tell, Kate and Chris were hunters, and she was sitting in between both of them.