First Day Full Moon

Yes, the first day at a new school in Beacon Hills, one where there wasn't that much water around, meaning there was less of a chance of her getting splashed and turned into a fish. There was a secret about Miriam, she's a mermaid with an orangish-brown scaley tail and the bralette that came with it.

The last time she had to move, it was because of her father's job, meaning it was a good thing that she wasn't the cause of the sudden relocation. As for her powers, there was a bit of a backstory.

At age 8, Miriam was just a kid, an adventurous kid at that. She didn't have the best patience, so she went exploring. Because of her parents moving around the world because of different job opportunities, they were on an island.

It couldn't have been later than noon, to which the child was running through a field of flowers. Plucking one or two, she wanted to make a flower crown, just something that made her feel like a princess like she was on top of the world.

Wandering around a bit too much, she was planning to find a flower bigger than the rest, one that would represent the middle of the crown, but it also is the highest point. Instead, she slid down to a cave, something that looked like there was more inside than what she was able to see.

Without realizing it, she dropped the flowers, and from interest, she looked around the cave. Of course, with it being on an island, it was made out of rocks, though there was a pool of oceanic blue water leading out to the actual ocean.

Thinking she was going to be stranded down there, Miriam picked up the flowers she dropped, playing with them. Only because she was eight, she didn't realize how much she was drawn to the place, as if it were her destiny to be here.

Knowing her parents weren't gonna be back home until tomorrow morning, she wanted to spend as much time in the cave as she could. For her, time passed quickly, as noon turned into dusk, which turned into the night time.

Because it was a full moon, the water in the cave started to bubble, which caused Miriam to perk up. Something in her gut told her to get into the pool, to which she stepped into the pool from the rock towards the surface. After that, her body was completely submerged into the body of water.

It was magic, the entire night was magical, which was only proven when the water in the pool stopped bubbling. From there, because Miriam stayed in the pool, her legs felt tingly, almost as if they were being forced together. Looking down at what was going on, she noticed her legs were replaced with an orangish-brown tail.

Being the eight-year old she was, she wanted to tell everyone in the world that she was a mermaid, starting with her parents

Being the eight-year old she was, she wanted to tell everyone in the world that she was a mermaid, starting with her parents. That feeling, however, quickly subsided when the harsh reality set on her: she could be experimented on for being a mermaid.