13. Advice from a Stranger

(Bucky)

Loki walks away to call Skye, and I turn back to Jace, "I guess my talk actually convinced him."

The kid laughs, "You guys are adorable together, how long have you been dating?"

His question knocks me off guard. I stutter out a reply, cheeks going red, "W-we aren't d-dating. Loki is just my friend."

"Oh really?" Jace crosses his tattooed arms, "and I'm a half-angel demon hunter," he replies sarcastically.

Before I can reply, Loki walks back over and announces that a truck is on the way. A telltale honk outside proves his statement.

Loki begins to instruct the two burly Stark employees on how to move the piano as Jace switches the topic back to a quick run-through on how to take care of the instruments. That conversation doesn't last long, for the moment Loki walks away Jace changes the subject.

"Not dating, huh?" he says with a grin.

"Believe me, kid, we're not dating."

'Yet.'

'Your commentary is not needed, Winter.'

"But you still like him," Jace states this as a fact.

I go silent. I knew that it was legal to be homosexual now and that people of the same gender getting married all the time, but it couldn't erase the memories of seeing people being beaten to death in an alley over who they choose to love.

"Maybe I do care about him," I say softly, "but who's to say he actually likes me back?"

Jace scoffs, "You're both kinda obvious, did you see the expression on his face when you said you were gonna buy him a piano? That said it all."

"So what? You're an expert on homosexual romances?" I challenge.

"I'm not gay myself, but my best friend was a closeted gay until he met his true love. So yeah, I have good romantic advice. I'm the best wingman anybody could ask for."

"Even if all that is true, how would I know when to make a move? One wrong step could destroy our friendship, and definitely any chances of a relationship."

If you truly want to be with him, you'll know when the time is right."

I glance out and see Loki casually leaning against the truck, lost in his own thoughts. I need to get going.

"Okay. But if you're romantic advice doesn't work, I'll be back."

Jace laughs, "I do not doubt that Mr. Barnes."

"How did you-"

"it's quite easy. I saw your trial on the news, so it's easy to see what you look like. I don't think anybody human would be named Loki, and I'm quite observant, if I do say so myself," Jace states proudly.

"I should probably get going now," I pick up the guitar case with the instrument inside and grab the bag containing the rest of my things, "Thanks again, kid. Really."

"Anytime," Jace grins as he shakes my hand, "Good luck Mr. Barnes."

"That I'll be needing!" I call back over my shoulder.

'Oh, don't be too worried Sergeant. Your favourite Russian wingman is here to help you through life and all its troubles.'

'Why would you want to help?'

'You really think you're the only one who likes him? Since I can't exactly fight you, I may as well help you and make sure you don't screw up.'

'Winter Soldier. America's favourite third-wheeler.'

'Ouch. That was just plain mean.'

'Not for me.' 

'Go to hell.'

'I won't say hi to you when we meet down below.'

He goes silent.

'Gotcha that time,' I grin to myself as I walk back over to where Loki is standing.

Who knows? Maybe today will bring good luck.

(A/N: EVERYONE GIVE IT UP FOR AMERICA'S FAVOURITE RUSSIAN WINGMAN!

 I'd just like to thank the people who've been leaving all the funny comments, (you know who you are,) and as a thank-you click this link:

https://afdah.info/watch-movies/68100-hamilton-2020/#

Also, to celebrate 2.8k reads on this, I will be doing a Q&A soon. I'll be picking the first 20 questions commented on this picture, so hurry!:

 I'll be picking the first 20 questions commented on this picture, so hurry!:

-Skye)

(Edit: Q&A Closed)