• Chapter Four •

As the group awaits further instructions, I stand a few feet away from Hisoka, trying to be patient.

But boredom is gnawing at my brain, making me tap my foot to a familiar rhythm.

My ears perk up as I hear Gon and Kurapika arrive, my eyes searching for them in the crowd.

I find them just as Gon stiffens and looks at Hisoka and I.

The magician points towards where Leorio leans against a tree. Gon gives me a confused look but rushes to Leorio's side without a second thought.

I smile after them.

Gon's so cute! He must be puzzled because I'm standing next to Hisoka-

My thoughts are interrupted.

"Excellent work, everyone!" Satotz exclaims, gaining the examinee's attention.

"The second phase will take place here in the Visca Forest Preserve. So I shall take my leave. I wish you all the very best of luck," the examiner starts to walk away.

I smile after him, "Bye Satotz-san!"

As I wave at him, a grating noise informs me of the gates opening. I turn with an excited grin, ready to see what we're doing next.

In the courtyard area, a very large male and a much smaller woman wait.

"Will all the applicants who passed the first phase enter," the woman asks

She's wearing a black bra with a sheer top and she has turquoise hair done in a unique hairstyle.

Wow, she's pretty!

"Welcome all. I'm Menchi, your examiner for the Second Phase," she introduces, her expression pleasant.

"And likewise I am Buhara," the man smiles. He seems like a generally happy guy, his smile genuine.

I find myself grinning at the new examiners. They seem like awesome people so far!

A loud growling noise sounds and everyone starts questioning what it was.

I frown and look at my stomach.

That wasn't mine, was it? I just had a snack...

Beside me, Hisoka watches with amusement as I look down and questioningly pat my tummy.

"Sounds to me like you're getting hungry," Menchi grins up at Buhara.

"Not just hungry, I'm famished."

"Well, there you have it," she stands and walks forwards a bit, "The Second Phase will be... cooking!"

My tail swishes back and forth violently, something that the people around me notice. I can't help it though, I just get enthused about food!