☆9☆ winter holidays

Começar do início

"Thank you, Ella." I said.

She pulled me into a hug.

"I wanted to get us marching bears. But your darling boss got you thousands of bears already." She said in a teasing voice and nudged me in my tummy.

"Correction Ella!" I shouted.

"Ryxel is not my boss. He was only my client two months ago. And that is it." I emphasised.

"Moody much! So why is it working you up if it is not true?" Ella asked.

"Stop it Ella. You are getting to my nerves. I will refuse to go for the festive nail painting." I threatened.

"Come on, my seasonal bear." She pulled me out all the way to the car.

*************************

After we were done with the nail painting. We went to our usual KFC branch and had lunch. Ella drove down to the city suburbs were Mrs. Hart and her sister Tess stay and we spent the whole evening there. We had a lot of fun. We did a lot of baking. And I am telling you. Ella is the worst baker I have ever seen. She burnt two cakes. And as if that wasn't enough, she blew up the whole kitchen. Thankfully, she forgot about the oven. She didn't blow it up. Either way, Tess was forced to chase her out of her kitchen hence leaving for me room to showcase my superiority in baking. Not to blow my own trumpets but I am a good baker. Actually I am just good at cooking in general.

I baked something minty flavoured and everyone had a slice.

The warm cottage was filled with lively chanter about how Ella had blown up the cooking premises. It was playful mockery and Ella totally took no offense. We joked and laughed about it as she kept on throwing those angry pouts at our directions. Nevertheless, our teasing did not cease.

It was a jovial evening though my knees kept hurting but I did not tell anyone. I did not want to bother them and spoil the moment. All good things eventually come to an end.

*******************

It was 7: 00pm when Ella dropped me off at the front of my apartment. The first thing I did was turn on my phone. It was a friendship rule.

Turn off your phone when you are hanging out with your best friend.

That rule was made to prevent fun distractors from phone calls or texts.

Have I gone blind or something?

122 missed calls...

Number details (unsaved)

First missed call was at 9:25am... the time Ella and I left.

Last missed call 6:58pm.

2 minutes ago.

Who is this jerk who calls non-stop? I don't think I want to call back. I started moving to the stairs of the first floor and I heard gunshots. They were just close by. I turned around to check whether someone was after me or watching my every step.

Hardly had I turned when I heard more gunshots and a body came flying from nowhere and fell on top of mine. Then a bullet hit a car glass that I was standing in front of a few seconds ago.

Oh my God! I was going to die. My breathing became faster than before. But it stopped when I inhaled the cologne I was covered in.
Dark phoenix intoxicating cologne!

"Ryxel? " I asked in total shock. But I think I had answered my own question.

"Missed me, Caramel?" He smirked.