6: The law of attraction

Rhane Park

I turned my alarm clock off as I was already awake for an hour before it even started ringing. In fact, I was in the middle of doing my makeup, so I had no choice but to stand up and turn it off.

Marithe got out from the shower, drying her hair with a towel while walking towards her cabinet on our shared dorm to look for some casual and comfortable clothes to wear.

I don't know why but everyone wakes up early on Field trip day, I'm aware that there are fixed call times, but students wake up and come to school way earlier than those said times.

But what I'm sure about, is that, students are excited about field trips not because of the place, well, some small part of it, but I think it's not the place but those friends we got to spend our time with.

Marithe and I got out of our dorm to start walking our way to school, but it feels a little different today because there's no Haruto and Jeongwoo that's bugging the both of us.

"Do you think they went earlier than us?" Marithe broke the silence and asked

"No, I don't think Haruto is that type of guy that can wake up early" I stated, while looking around if there are any cars before crossing the street

"How can you tell?" She asked again

"I just... I just know" I dryly answered and continued walking.

When we reached the school, we lined up so we would have the chance to save a spot. We lined up at the left side, at the driver's side where we usually sit during these kinds of trips, I don't know, I just feel safe at the driver's side.

While we were standing in the line, chattering and audible noises can be heard everywhere, but I chose to stay silent, I don't really like talking in these kinds of cold mornings so Marithe and I were just timidly blending in to the crowd without making as much noise as they were.

A few minutes before the boarding time, we got a glimpse of Jeongwoo who luckily also got a sight of us and saw us waving but Haruto was nowhere to be seen, I really urged to go and ask him where Haruto was but it's time for us to start walking to our bus.

We sat quietly at the front part of the bus, Marithe sitting on the side near the aisle, while my introverted self, was sitting down near the window with earphones and blaring music.

Few songs have finished, I also noticed a few buses passing by our bus but it didn't really sink in because I was too focused on the lyrics of the songs.

Marithe nudged me lightly, so I took off one of my earphones to see if she wanted to tell me something

"She's been counting us for about 6 times now, can you help her out because we're literally coming last. All of the other sections have already left" she said, talking about our teacher who was having trouble with the head count

I stood up and walked towards her and smiled nicely "Ma'am you seem to have trouble with the head count, is there anything I can help you with?" I politely initiated

"Ah yes, Ms. President, can you please count them again because I keep coming up with numbers between 29 and 31, I don't know which is the correct counting" she worriedly complained

I counted them twice and arrived at a constant answer of 30, I told her quickly so that we can leave after this because we were really left behind by the other sections.

I went back to my seat with Marithe having a small smile pressed on her lips.

"Jeongwoo said, they'll meet us on our last destination, which is the theme park" she said with a high level of enthusiasm.