Neville x Blaise

(Thank you VixenLyn for beta reading <3)

Neville couldn't sleep. He just couldn't. Nothing he did worked, so he decided to go for a walk. Surely a short one could do him good.

Well, he ended up in the astronomy tower. He smiled, the cool night air brushing across his face was nice. Much better than the stuffy boys dormitory. He relaxed and watched as animals ran through the woods and skated through the sky.

He let his thought wander, a luxury he didn't allow himself. He thought of his next test, and of his gran. He thought of tomorrow's classes. He spaced out for what felt like hours.

He didn't hear the steps coming up next to him, and flinched when a body came to rest next to him. He looked up and smiled. It was only Blaise.

"Hi love. You couldn't sleep either?" He asked softly, laying his head on the slightly tallers shoulder. He felt him nod, and an arm wrapped around him. He smiled, going back to the relaxing atmosphere.

He spaced out again, burrowing closer to him as the air got slightly colder. He felt Blaise smile, turning him slightly, which ended up with them looking at each other.

Neville blushed at how cliche it looked, and felt. He laughed slightly, looking at Blaise. "What's all that for baby?" He laughed again as Blaise smothered his face in little pecks. Finally the taller landed on his lips, kissing his softly.

"You're so adorable. It looks like you have the stars in your eyes." Blaise said, smiling softly. Neville went a light pink, smiling sweetly. He pulled Blaise down for another kiss, breaking away when they both started laughing.

Blaise' laughter died first, pulling him in for a proper kiss, smiling all the while. "I love you.." he whispered softly, nervously. Neville's smile grew, basically jumping on him and bringing them to lean on the railing. "I love you too! So much." He kissed his cheek. "So so much."

Blaise held onto him tighter, leaning on the railing and watching the sky. Neville settled there, content to just be in the moment. Something stirred in his gut, a strong sense of unease smacking him in the face.

"Baby?... Did, um.. did you- did your family.. uh... Do they.. does your family.. support what's.. going... On?" He stumbled out, looking up at Blaise cautiously. Said boy nodded, keeping his eyes closed. "If... If you hate me now... You can leave. I wouldn't blame you."

Neville opened his mouth to say something, but froze as he heard heavy footsteps coming in their direction. Blaise pushed him off, and stuffed him into the fat corner. The door to the tower flew open, showing Alecto.

"Well, well! The little wannabe!" She cackled, grabbing Blaise by the wrist. "The headmaster will have so much fun with you!" She screeched, dragging him out. Neville say hidden, silent tears going down his face at the display. He would just have to wait.

The next day he sought Blaise out after breakfast, twining their fingers together. "Baby, are you okay?" He asked quietly, to which Blaise nodded. "I think snape went easy on me..." He mumbled, stepping into the classroom with Neville.

After school they ended up in Blaise' dorm, kissing tenderly. Neville broke the kiss, smiling at him. "You're so pretty.." he mumbled, kissing at his face. He heard a laugh bubble up Blaise' throat, and smiled. He kissed Blaise one last time before standing up.

"As much as I'd love to stay, I don't want you to get in trouble.." he mumbled. Blaise frowned, but nodded hugging him gently. "See you tomorrow?" He asked quietly, and the other nodded.

Months later Neville ran through the halls, searching for the male desperately. He tripped many times, forcing himself to find him. He found him, on the astronomy tower fighting against two people he couldn't care less to identify.

After a quick flash of green lightning, the two lay dead at Blaise' feet. Neville collapsed into his arms, sobbing desperately. "I'm so sorry, Im sorry, I didn't mean to get so far away I'm sorry." He said quickly, squeezing him tightly.

Blaise shushed him, rocking back and forth slightly. "It'll be okay dear. It'll be okay, we'll go home and live out our perfect life. We'll have an eternity together. We'll... Be okay." He rambled, bringing them out to the courtyard as they heard screaming.

Neville almost collapsed as harry was pronounced dead. The look of anger passing his face was terrifying to anyone who knew the boy.

After the war they stumbled into a destroyed room, and Blaise laughed. Incredulously. He couldn't believe so many of his peers were dead, his parents were gone. Neville say there, comforting the poor boy.

He knew they'd move on though, that eventually they'd push forward, and they'd be okay. Just like Blaise promised.

(Ignore how fuckin out of character this is-)