This was half true.

Her hands were indeed a bit sore after toasting tea to so many people, but in fact, Ye Jiao just wanted to hold hands with her husband to improve his health.

Qi Yun didn’t ask much. He intertwined their fingers together again and gently squeezed her hand. His expression was very serious.

Ye Jiao narrowed her eyes slightly.

‘It’s really comfortable, ah, it’s nice to get married.’

When she saw them whispering, Liu-shi felt quite satisfied.

In fact, Ye Jiao’s family and their Qi’s family were not in equal standing, but Liu-shi never wanted a perfect daughter-in-law. She only wanted to find a way to continue her son’s life.

Ye Ersao said that Ye Jiao was willing, so Liu-shi naturally had no doubts.

However, Qi Yun was unhappy and always said that he could not waste other people’s time. Liu-shi had tossed and turned in her sleep for a long time last night. She was afraid that Qi Yun would get upset or angry. However, she heard that the two of them slept in peace last night and woke up late.

Although the morning tea was delayed, she saw Qi Yun’s face was much better than usual. Liu-shi also looked into his eyes and immediately knew that he was happy.

Even if the Ye family were not reliable in-laws, as long as her son is well, it is enough for Liu-shi. She didn’t plan to enforce any rules for this daughter-in-law.

When Liu-shi moved her chopsticks, Ye Jiao immediately looked at Qi Yun excitedly. When she saw Qi Yun nodded, she picked up her chopsticks and fiddled with herself. Soon she picked up a piece of meat smoothly.

It was thanks to the original body’s memory. Otherwise, Ye Jiao would reach out and grab it with her hand.

But the next second, she saw that Qi Yun took some dish into a bowl for her.

“Did I make it hurt?” Qi Yun thought Ye Jiao used her chopsticks jerkily because he had just squeezed her hands too hard.

Ye Jiao immediately shook her head. Her eyes were bright, and she smiled at Qi Yun, “It doesn’t hurt.”

In Qi Yun’s eyes, her smile became an expression of distress. ‘Her hands were obviously painful, and she can’t hold her chopsticks steadily, but still, she doesn’t want to say that it hurts.’ He felt a little warm in his heart and took more food for her.

Ye Jiao didn’t quite understand what Qi Yun had thought, but Ye Jiao would not refuse food from Qi Yun.

Ye Jiao didn’t know the names of these dishes, but she knew that this one was delicious, that one was also delicious, they were all delicious!

‘Much better than yesterday’s pastry!

‘It is good to get married!’

Probably because Ye Jiao ate so excitedly, Qi Yun also ate half a bowl of more rice than usual, which made Liu-shi smile.

After the two left, Liu-shi stood up and knelt in front of the Bodhisattva statue and prayed devoutly for her second son.

Qi Yun went back to his courtyard with Ye Jiao. Probably because he had eaten more than usual just now, Qi Yun felt a little more energetic. So he took Ye Jiao to the yard for two more turns and showed her around the Qi family’s manor in the meantime.

“Here is my parent’s courtyard, my eldest brother and sister-in-law are over there, the third younger brother is behind there, and further north is where the tenants live.” Qi Yun walked slowly, and his voice was gentle. “Except for dinner, usually we, the three brothers, eat on our own.”