playing with your hair - natasha romanoff

(requested)

You were laying on the couch with your head on Natasha's lap. Friends quietly played on the tv but neither of you were really paying attention to it.  Natasha's attention was more on you while you were fighting to keep your eyes open. 

You'd had a rough day. Natasha wanted you to open up to her about it, but she was also understanding that you weren't quite ready to talk about it yet and she was okay with that. So she decided to try to take your mind off of it instead. 

Rubbing your arm absentmindedly and tracing circles on your skin, you closed your eyes. The stress was already starting to lift from your shoulders and your eyelids were starting to grow heavy. But you couldn't seem to fall asleep. You needed that one little thing to help you properly relax. 

"Nat?" She hummed and leaned down to kiss your temple softly.
"Can you play with my hair?" 
Natasha had the biggest smile on her face when you asked her that. Her eyes lit up and her fingers immediately went to your hair. 

She started to scratch your scalp lightly and her fingers started to comb through your hair. 
"It's always so soft" she said and kissed your nose. She started to twirl a few strands around her fingers as she stared down at you happily.  "My beautiful girl. I love you so much." The way she said it made your heart flutter. The look in her beautiful green eyes made you melt - the look of pure love that she held only for you. 

Natasha was utterly in love with you, completely amazed and mesmerized by you. Your eyes closed as she pecked both your cheeks. "I love you so much. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you." She said while you started to fall asleep. 

And as much as you hoped it was too, you also knew that if it was anything like today you'd come home to Natasha and she'd be there to make it all better - just like she had done today.  She'd always be there to make you feel better.

AN - i update like once a year so i just keep writing about natasha, is that what you all want or do you want something different next time?