Is It Supposed to Look Like That?

Start from the beginning

(10:19AM) R: Error

(10:19AM) R: Error

(10:19AM) R: Error

(10:19AM) R: Error

(10:20AM) R: ERROR

E: Holy shit, okay! I'm awake!

R: Good, get your ass to Starbucks!

E: I can't, I've got to be somewhere in ten minutes!

R: Jfc Error I swear

E: Fine! 

**

"I don't get it, do you want the date or not?" Error rolled his eyes as he put his card to the reader that Reaper held out for him, then sipped his espresso.

"Of course I do! I just... don't wanna mess it up." Reaper replied, sighing and putting his face in his hands on the counter.

"I told you, you'll be fine, so long as you don't publicly embarrass him."

"Reaper! There are other customers!" A woman in matching uniform to the God of Death's called out.

"Literally where, Natalie?" Reaper groaned, turning to her and waving his arm at the other customers, who were already being served. She flipped her hair and scoffed, so Reaper faced Error again and muttered, "That woman drives me insane. A shift with her is literally torture."

"I feel that. I mean, not anymore, but I know your pain."

"Mm, I bet."

"Anyway, I'm already three minutes late for Life, so..."

"Yeah, you should go. Sorry for dragging you here."

"No, it's okay. I needed a decent coffee anyway."

"Well, you have fun at Life's." Reaper smirked in a highly satirical way.

"Oh, don't worry, I'm sure I will." Error returned the joking expression, "Um, wait."

"What?"

"You're meant to be on duty today..?"

"Yeah, not sure how that's gonna work unless you're there to give me the dead people to fill my quota." Reaper grinned.

"...I don't know either."

Arriving at Life's house (now over ten minutes late), Error was surprised to find Four answering the door instead of Life herself. "You took your time." He walked away, leaving the door open for Error.

The glitchy skeleton stepped through, closing the door and then following the other skeleton into the living room. Here was Life, sitting in an armchair with a cup of tea. "Ah, Error! Hello!" She stood up and set the teacup aside.

"Hi." Error put on a weak smile, glancing at Four, who now sat eyeing him on the edge of the table.

"I'm sure Life would ask you if you wanted a drink," Four cleared his throat, but you seem to have covered that yourself." He nodded at the Starbucks cup in Error's hand, "Would I be right to label it as your reason for lateness?"

Four's formal and harsh tone took Error by surprise, even if he'd expected it. He knew it was selfish to expect to be treated differently, being Four's 'favourite'...

"Um, yeah. Sorry."

"Don't apologise to me." Four rolled his eyes, slid off the table, and stalked into the kitchen.

"Sorry, Life." Error coughed.

"Do not apologise. I am aware this is short notice." Her ever-present smile still made Error uncomfortable even if it was genuine. "How are you, Error?"