How to Perserve and Forget Memories

Start from the beginning

"That doesn't mean anything. I just don't like his father. He's a lowlife, blood purist, elitist, asshole!" I said, I noticed my hand was shaking

"y/n....has he ever done anything to you?" she said quietly

"Well, no but I had to watch him yell at Draco all the time and he is always so mean-"

"-to Draco. You saw him be mean to mostly Draco. I'm sorry but you have to think about it. Deep down, besides everything you hate about Malfoy, you still care about Draco." she said.

I suddenly hugged her. I couldn't deny it. She was right, but I knew that it was just a phase and I only felt like this because of the situation with my parents.

"Just...don't lie to yourself more than you need to, you'll forget what really happened," she said quietly and went to her bed.

I laid down and stared at the photos on my bed, eventually, I fell asleep.

—————————

A couple of weeks later. (around Easter)

It had been a while since I had that moment with Draco. We still fought in the halls but not as much. I still wore the ring. I liked the ring, and who it's from won't change that. I was better now.

Somedays I thought of Draco. I would look over at him to see him surrounded by people, and yet look so alone. I glazed over this and moved on. No one was going to hurt me like he did, ever again.

My grades were going up and my dark circles went away. No, I did not become part of the Golden Trio but I still talked to them now and then. I went to DA meetings and I was doing well, I even got over Lee. Life was good.

Draco's POV

Not a single day went by that I didn't think of her. She seemed so much better. I assumed her just...I don't know. Maybe there was a spell.

Every so often I would look over at her. In class, she was focused, always getting O's on potions. At meals, she sat with Luna and Neville and laughed, she had that sort of laugh that you would just know it's her. Even when she was alone, which she wasn't as much anymore, she just seemed like the light in her eyes was back.

I didn't care, of course, all I knew is that our fights were back. She always had something snarky to say and I would return the favor. I hate to admit it, but I missed it. She challenged me.

The other day Mother wrote me a letter. Inside was just a few snacks and her checking in, father didn't say anything of course. Not that he ever did. She did this now and then but she included a photo. Apparently, she was reading and it fell out of the constellation book. It was under the page Scorpius.

The photo was Y/N and me. We were sitting under the stars and her broom was in between us. I saw her smile and point up. She was pointed at Scorpius.

I had tried so hard to forget what we used to be. I erased it from my memory. We ended on a bad note, I should've stood my ground...but I took it out on her. That was the day that Goyle and Crabbe became my best friend and Blaise filled in for me...for a little.

All I know right now is that life, it's going to hit me again, and honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it.

—————————

Y/N POV

It was almost Easter. I didn't love Easter but I always set up an Easter egg hunt for the first-second years. Neville always joined, but he always gave his candy to the younger kids. I think he just liked the hunt.

I was preparing the Eggs, I did the muggle way of dying them. Another tradition was for me and Luna to dye them together. For each question on homework, we answered, we'd dye an egg.

I prepared them ahead of time, about a week before. I didn't want to forget. Flitwick's color-changing charm was very helpful, he always helped me hide them, it was easy because he's small.

A couple of days before Easter, the gold coin had called a new meeting. Luna, Neville, and I snuck to the room of requirement. I was excited about the new lesson. We were learning Depulso.

Everyone was there, except for, Marietta Edgecombe. I thought it was weird but stopped caring. I had a weird feeling in my gut but I was always an anxious person.  We were halfway through the lesson when we started hearing a crash from one of the walls.  The wall crumbled and suddenly I saw

Draco's POV

"Attention IS. We have found the army." Umbit- I mean Umbridge's shrill voice said. I was shocked, I looked over to see Marietta Edgecombe, sitting there, the word snitch written across her forehead. Granger. I also saw Chang, one of Y/N's friends. I was ordered to grab her and drag her to find where the army was.

We reached a wall. Yeah...a wall. Suddenly Umbridge and Flitch were knocking it down. Suddenly the wall collapsed and I saw

Y/N

A/N. 630 reads?!?? THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL.

Word Count: 1508