Can I Go Back?

POV: Alyia

Walking up the steps to my house, I could hear my parents arguing. I typed in the code, and the front door opened.

I then made my way to the kitchen to where my parents stood after closing the door. Ignoring their voices, I opened the refrigerator to get out a water bottle.

"Your back early." My mother looked at me blankly. "I thought you were staying over to practice some more with that boy. "

"Yes, mother. I told the boy I had to come home and pack for the trip."

"It's mam." My mother corrected me, cocking her hand back as if she was going to hit me, "And lower your tone when your speaking to me."

" Yes, mam."

"Before you go, we'll like to speak to you." My father tossed a couple of papers on the table from the trash bag he was holding. "On what we found in your room."

I must have forgotten to lock my door! I watched as he pulled out every sketchbook that I owned and slammed it on the island table in front of me. Then he pulled out posters, my poster that cost over 200 dollars, out of that trash bag. All my years of work were crumpled, torn, and inked.

"You-"

I went over to all of my drawings with disbelief.

"Do you care to explain why all this was in your room?" My father said, " Do you know drawings like this can put your mother and me in jail?"

"Being an Imphorian on this earth is a crime! Drawing them and buying items of them isn't!" I screeched, "You're an idiot! Both of you! You have no right to go in and ruin my things!"

" What was that ?!" My mother launched at me, "Watch your mouth!"

I pushed her, and she fell back.

" You heard me!"

I turned to my father, and he snapped his finger, which froze all of my muscles.

"Well, this is me and your mothers' house, and you're our child, meaning you do whatever we say, whenever it is said," He began to dump all of my drawings into the trash bag that they were in previously, " By the way you are not getting none of this stuff back. "

" You can take those drawings, but you can't erase the talent that I withhold!" I said, "I'll just make more!"

"Alyia, sweetheart, you were born with no talent or powers..." My mother called out evilly, " You are nearly human, for god sake. You're not anything special."

I rolled my eyes, and my mother punched my side.

"Go to hell." I snarled, "I'll be more than you'll ever be."

" Your lucky were allowing you to visit your grandparents for your birthday." My father handed the bag to my mother, "Now get your ass up those stairs and pack those bags."

"Unsnap your fingers, and I will."

My father unsnapped his fingers, and I could move again. I shook my head and walked up the stairs.

The usual- It doesn't even bother me at this point.

~~~

I went into the bathroom and sat my bag down. Then lock the door, undress, all while drinking from my water bottle, and turning on the shower.

I got in. Letting the cold water wash away all my makeup, sweat, and smell that I've accumulated from the day only if it could wash away how anger I feel, how stupid I think, and how sad I think.