Manik: So Drums?

Nandini: Got tired of the guitar once in College... Took over Drums for about a month or two, but it didn't work out that well...

Manik: You were amazing! I'm sure Cabir would want to see you play someday, I'll send him the recording.

Nandini: I turned the recorder off... Have been here for almost 2 hours, didn't really play anything worth recording!
Nandini said with a sigh as Manik pulled her onto his lap, holding her close as he placed a soft kiss on her temple.

Manik: U shouldn't have!! I love watching you play...

Nandini: I know you do... I have seen my videos on your Phone, you better start deleting some of those, or else people would think that you are obsessed with your wife!

Manik: I don't mind, in fact, I think I am!
Manik replied back with a chuckle while Nandini rolled her eyes, resting her head onto his shoulder as she placed her hand onto his heart, enjoying the music in there.

Manik: So were the Drums any help? U ready to talk about it yet or not?
Manik asked her softly, making Nandini chuckle.

Nandini: I can never hide anything from you!

Manik: Umn, I'm not sure about that! But this time I know something has been bothering you.

Nandini: You are right!
Nandini whispered back to him softly, closing her eyes in contentment.

Manik: So?
Manik asked after a few minutes of Silence, wanting her to get it out.

Nandini: Do you think I have that Motherly blood in me? What kind of a mother will I be?

Manik: Nandini you-

Nandini: No... Hear me out! You know me, I think I'm kinda selfish, I do what I feel like, I say whatever I feel like, I m not used to planning stuff based on anyone else. I m always arguing with you on how I want stuff to be. This is not what a mother should be like, is it? A mother always puts her child first. Her needs, her choice, her decisions everything should be the best for her child and not her personally. How will I do that? I'm scared Manik, what if I don't learn to keep this baby first, what if I don't always make the best decisions for our kid, what if I fail to be a good Mother. I see Mom and I can't help but wonder if I will ever be able to care for my baby the way she cares for the two of us. What if-

Manik: What if you be the best mother our baby can ever have!!!
Manik spoke up interrupting her rant, as Nandini looked up to find him smiling at her.

Manik: This is the Nandini that I know... This is the Nandini that I love! She may not be the most ideal person, but she is perfect. 

Nandini stared at him with her eyes wide, surprised by how confident his words were.

Manik: This is the Nandini that I know... The girl who took 3 months before finally becoming my friend coz she was not sure if she could be someone's friend. The girl who literally ignored me for days after I told her that I wanted to marry her, just because she didn't think that she had it in her to be a wife and live with someone for the rest of her life. The girl who spent days without talking to me, just coz I told her that I had fallen in love with her, because she didn't think that she deserved anyone's love and care. The girl, who took more than a year to welcome herself in this house, even after having everyone accept her from the first day itself, just because she was scared that she wouldn't fit in between a family.

Nandini: Seems like quite a pain in the ass...

Manik laughed out loud at this as he nodded in a yes,
Manik: She is...