Manik: Ohk madam as you wish... Now tell me what's going on in your head, it's not like you to skip work willingly.

Nandini: Well, you always keep nagging me about taking rest, so I thought to do so today, anyways, I didn't have much work today!

Manik nodded at her but continued looking at her for a few seconds, trying to read in her face looking for anything strange, his head revolving around her continuous spacing off from the day before.

Soon Nandini's breakfast was served just as Manik looked at the time and decided to leave.
Manik: Take rest! No running around for household chores, no cooking, and take the driver if you go out, okay?

Nandini: Yes sir...

Manik: Keep your phone on you please!
Nandini rolled her eyes at him and dug into her food with a simple nod.

Manik: Bye Mom... Bye, Dad!
He wished, getting up from his seat. Putting on his coat, he straightened up himself before planting a soft kiss on Nandini's temple, "Bye, love you!"

Nandini: Me too...
Nandini replied without even looking up from her food making Manik chuckle.

Manik: I can see that!

Nandini: Food comes first... Stop whining about it.

Manik shook his head at her and walked out, wondering how would he spend his day without seeing her for so long.

Nandini spent most of the day in her room, working on a few of her designs and resting just as Manik has asked her to, but no matter what she did her head was still stuck at the same thought, taunting her, troubling her, torturing her.

-----------------------------------

Later that evening, Manik returned back home earlier than usual and asked the servant about Nandini as soon as he entered the house.

"Madam is upstairs in the Music Room Sir!"

Manik: Music Room! Where is Mom?

Servant: She went to the NGO after Lunch...

Manik: Ohk! Thank you...

Manik replied and walked up the stairs moving towards his room to freshen up a bit before going to find his dearest wife.

Taking a quick shower, he got ready and moved to the top floor to find her. Opening up the door to the Music room, he was surprised at the sound of Drums, and what was even more surprising that it was indeed Nandini who was playing the Drum set. Walking inside, he stood back leaning on the wall, not willing to disturb her, and waited for her to complete her piece. 

Nandini was lost in her own world, with her eyes closed only focusing on the loud beats from the Drums and the vibrations of her hits. Feeling a little relaxed now that her mind was numb with all the noise and not overthinking. With a final few hits, she took a deep breath, taking in the sudden silence and letting it have a calming effect on her body.

She was counting her heartbeats, catching up her breath when she felt a soft towel on her face, wiping off some of the sweat.
Manik: Guitar, Veena, and now Drums! You are so full of Surprises Mrs. Malhotra...

Nandini: Manik...
Nandini whispered opening up her eyes as Manik continued caressing her face.

Manik: That was amazing, I should agree that I'm a little jealous. Is it me who is a part of the Music Industry or is it you?

Nandini: Well, I have to keep up with the talent of being Mrs. Manik Malhotra, don't I? 

Manik: Nah... All you have to keep up with is that smile of yours! You can win me over by it any day...
Manik replied cheekily as she got up from her seat and walked towards the other end of the Music room, getting comfortable on the bean bag with Manik sitting right next to her.