3

I watch from my position at the goal post as Bill holds the Quaffle, making his way towards Ron, who's nervously guarding his team's goal post. Fred hits a Bludger towards Bill, but Bill narrowly misses it, causing Fred to swear loudly.

I can't help but smile at the scene before me. These are the best kinds of days, playing Quidditch with my second family as the sun shines over head. I do wish that Harry and Hermione were here, too, but they'll be here soon enough.

"You're supposed to catch the Quaffle, Percy-" George is yelling at the other end of the field, but I can't focus on him now. Charlie has the Quaffle, flying low and fast on his broom towards me, while George is distracted. He has a hard, determined look on his face, and I position myself to be ready for his shot.

"Devilishly handsome Charlie Weasley makes his way down the pitch," Charlie narrates as he closes in on me, to which I laugh and shake my head at him, "Is Katie Clearwater ready for this shot? I don't think she is!"

Charlie throws the Quaffle to my left, so that if it goes through, it'll go through the very edge of the ring. I have to dive for it, just barely catching it with my fingertips, making for a successful, brag-worthy block.

"How do you-" I start to say to Charlie, holding the Quaffle proudly as George whoops for me from the other side of the field, but I'm cut off by the all too familiar feeling of a hard metal smashing into my shoulder. It throws me off my broom, and there's a moment of panic that sets in as I fall, until finally, I hit the ground, bracing against the impact with my other shoulder.

I hear shouts from above and feel footsteps thundering towards me as I lay on the ground, too in pain to move, both from the Bludger attack and from the fall. I squeeze my eyes shut as pain shoots through either side of me, both shoulders throbbing almost unbearably. It's definitely not the worst injury I've gotten from Quidditch, but it still hurts like a bitch.

"What the bloody hell was that about? She'd already blocked the shot!" I hear Ron yell in the distance as I manage to roll onto my back, opening my eyes and staring up at the clear blue sky.

"It went to her later than I thought it would, you git-" Fred starts yelling back at him.

 I try my best to just tune out the sound of them arguing, which becomes much easier when George comes into view, kneeling down next to me. He reaches over to brush my hair out of my face gently, his worry clear on his face. Despite my pain, my stomach erupts in butterflies.

"You okay? That was a hard fall. Let's get you inside, Mum will know how to help with the pain," he says, not even waiting for me to reply before sliding his arms under me and picking me up, holding me bridal-style.

"Georgie," I murmur, resting my head against his chest, his heartbeat pounding against my ear, "My legs still work fine." Though really, I'm not complaining at all.

"I know," he replies simply, carrying me towards the house, and I can't help but smile.

"Katie, Katie, Katie," Fred calls. I hear his footsteps as he catches up to us. He breathes heavily as he follows us into the house. "I'm sorry, really-"

"It's alright, Fred," I say, "You know I've dealt with worse." I suck in a breath through clenched teeth as my shoulder presses against George's chest, making it ache even worse. It doesn't feel like a break, thankfully, but I already know that I'm going to be bruised terribly.

As soon as George steps through the front door, Mrs. Weasley springs into action.

"Here, Georgie, lay her down on the couch. Poor dear, what happened?"

After laying me down on the couch, George kneels on the floor next to it, taking my hand and gently rubbing his thumb over the back of it. My heart does a backflip, and I think that I forget how to talk for a moment, so thankfully, Fred answers for me.