I got used to the running and got startled when I bumped into two men. I fell down on to the ground and whimpered at the impact. When I looked up, I saw two men.

One of them was younger, he had brown eyes and brownish hair that was in a complicated looking hairstyle. He looked friendly. The other guy wore a leather jacket. He had raven black hair, and beautiful blue eyes. He looked unfriendly and dangerous. I got up and quickly backed away a few steps. It wasn't hard to tell they were vampires, but they were a little different from the vampires I'd grown up with. My eyes watered a bit and my breathing picked up. Will they kill me?

"I'm Stefan, I won't hurt you." The friendly one said, then he added, "This is my brother Damon."

"Hi." I said. I was on the verge of tears and I was still afraid. Nobody ever gives me attention, maybe Dad sent them. That gets me wondering, should I even call him dad.

"What are you?" He asked. He looked friendly enough and clueless about me. I decided that I'd be able to trust him. If they didn't kill me, someone else would.

"I'm born vampire." I said. "I grow faster then normal. My parents kicked me out. They like my twin sister better." I said, biting my lips, wondering if I was doing the right thing. "I'll show you." I said. I lifted my hand and he bent down and picked me up. I touched his face and showed him my life story within seconds. He didn't flinch back like I thought he would when I went to touch his cheek, he actually invited me to show him, which was new to me. Every other person would flinch back.

Stefan POV

The little girl showed me everything. Literally. She put her knowledge into my head. I was amazed. She had blood running through her veins and was completely different then her parents, she was more like our kind of vampires. She had to be staked to die, like me and damon. She has multiple powers, and she just picked up on my compulsion power.

"What is she doing?" Damon asked wanting to know why her touch on my cheek fascinated me in such a way.

"Showing me. Show Damon too Makayla." I said in a kind voice. When she showed me everything in my head, I learnt her name was Makayla Rio Jasmine Cullen. She bent over to place her hand on Damon's face while the other hand rested on my shoulder.

I watched as Damon's eyes grew wider. "Who leaves their child due to a useless mutts lies. I would've think having mind reading would be a little more useful then that. Stupid excuse of a vampire!" He hissed. Makayla backed her hand away from Damon's and held onto me tighter.

"Damon shush. Your scaring her. She's only a few months old and looks five remember." Damon relaxed a little bit which made him looked a tiny bit nicer.

"Would you like to come live with us Makayla?" I asked. She was adorable and she needed a place to stay. Her parents will pay one day. That's a promise.

I don't think it'll take much to raise her, she grows up fast and is pretty independent already. we couldn't just put her in an orphanage, they'll kill her or use her as a test subject.

"Really?" She asked still clutching on to my jacket as she was clearly still afraid. I nodded and she smiled. She sunk her head into my shoulder and she fell asleep instantly.

"Are you crazy?" Damon hissed in a whisper.

"She has no where else Damon." I said matter-a-factly. No matter what Damon says, he can not keep me from keeping Makayla. I already consider her my sister. "Yeah whatever." Damon said.

We used out enhanced powers to run back to New Jersey, where we were staying for the time being. We lived near the shore. The only reason we were out here so far from home was because we were visiting a few friends. I'm glad we did, because now I get a sister.