*Don't judge a book by its cover*

“Uno.”

“FUCK!!”

Coiny and Pin had convinced me to come out of my room to have game night with them, so far it was going just as good as expected.

“THAT’S NOT FAIR!! YOU’RE CHEATING!!” Coiny is quite a rage player, which was quite surprising for me, but Pin seemed to be used to it. 

“I didn’t cheat, you’re just bad at the game.” it was quite funny to watch them play in all honesty, seeing as Coiny almost always lost. But that’s not saying much considering I did too. I don’t understand how Pin is so good at this.

As the game finally wrapped up, I decided that I needed some fresh air. As i got up i felt a hand wrap around my wrist.

“Hey, are you okay?” it was Coiny, he seemed to have cooled down from the game pretty quickly.

“Yeah, i’m fine, I just want some fresh air.”

“Okay, but don’t be out for too long..”

“Fine.”

Everyone has been quite paranoid since the disappearances, no one leaves their homes at night, and everyone has to have a buddy when traveling. I think it’s stupid, it’s been over a year, if something wanted to take more of us, it would have done it by now.

As I step out of the door and onto the front porch I feel the cool night breeze irritate the flames atop my head. It was almost winter, but it’s not like that bothers me too much.

As I walk towards the railing of the porch, something tripps me, and I fall straight on my face. I looked behind me to see a leather book covered in dirt and mud, and had what looked to be a dried bloodstain on the top right corner. 

I stood up with the book in my hands. How did this get here? Where did it come from? 

I hear the front door open and footsteps, I look behind me to see Pin. She looks at me for a second before she sees the book.

“What’s that?”

“I don’t know, I just found it on the doorstep.”

“What’s inside of it?”

That’s a pretty good question, I didn’t think to open the thing. Pin had walked over to me and stood at my side, curious to see what was inside of the thing as well. I open the thing to the first page but forgot that I can’t read, so I had to hand it to Pin, who read it out loud.

***

So this is new. Hi my name is Leafy and I have been stuck in these weird woods for about a week? I don’t really know in all honesty. I’m with nine other people, none of which seem very happy about this situation any more than I do. 

Snowball has claimed himself leader, which has made some of the others pretty angry, but what can you do. We have been walking for a while, trying to find an exit to this seemingly endless forest. I found this book under a tree and decided to take it and write down everything that happens to us here just in case we don’t make it out alive. 

I know i’m supposed to be the positive and optimistic one but this situation seems hopeless, we have been walking for days with no luck, and some of the others have been getting irritated. I'm scared that they're going to start killing each other at the drop of a hat if this goes on any longer.

Well that’s all I have to write for right now, nothing really special has happened since we all woke up in that stupid clearing

Goodnight! 

***

Pin and I freeze, not a sound was heard as we stare at what we now know is a journal. Leafy’s journal. We both look at each other before rushing inside to go grab Coiny, we have to show him this.