X X I X

Jia's POV.

A-andwae... tell me this is not what I am thinking. My knees are getting weaker due to panic. I took another step but failed. I was expecting myself to fall down on the floor but someone caught me and held me by my shoulder.

Jaehyun.

"W-what happened?" Panic crept into my voice. I held his arm in desperation. I don't know why I am being so scared. I thought I'm alone here, the sight I saw made me think of scary things.

"It's okay, everyone's fine. You don't have to worry" he said, clearly avoiding my question. "everyone's in their room. We didn't expect you to wake up this early, we'll clean the mess later" I stared at him, he looked exhausted. There's even blood stains on his shirt.

"w-where's Taeyong?" I mumbled.

"He's upstairs. In your room"

I immediately head upstairs and opened the door of my room since it wasn't locked. Taeyong turned around, he was putting bandage on his wrist. My eyes immediately blurred at the sight of him, I suddenly want to cry... and I don't know why.
Just like Jaehyun, he looked exhausted. I trailed off quietly, feeling a sudden rush of emotion blaze through me.

"Jia" I stood in front of him checking if he's really okay or if he's hurt or something.

"What the fvck happened!?" I blurted. He flinched in surprise due to my sudden outburst. I am so mad right now. My feelings are overflowing. "a war happened in here last night and I was deadass sleeping!?!? why didn't you wake me up!" my tears started streaming down as I wipe it. I am shouting at his face right now, but he's just staring at me "I-if protecting me would mean harm to you... t-to all of you! I'd rather not be protected Taeyong!"

he shook his head and gently pulled me by my head...into a hug.
I continued sobbing as he engulfed me into a warm embrace. "you must be terrified" he said.

"p-please tell me what happened"
I mumbled on his chest. He rubbed my back in an insanely comforting manner.

"TRC came and tried to get you" his chest vibrated as he talks. I knew it, that's definitely that fvcking corporation. "everyone they sent died. No one of us got hurt. You don't have to worry" I broke the hug and looked at his hand that he's wrapping with bandage a while ago.

"You are" I sobbed.

"Just a small scratch"

I looked up at him. "w-why are you doing this Taeyong? what will you get from protecting me? you can just throw me out, I-I'll leave"
he stared into my eyes then suddenly pulled me by my nape and his faced inched closer to mine. The next thing I felt was his soft lips on mine. My eyes widened, my hands immediately moved to his chest, for restraint. But I got too weak and wasn't able to push him off.

Both his hands found its way to either side of my cheeks. Holding my face still. He started playing with my lower lip, begging for entrance. He even tilted his face attempting to make things escalate. O-oh God what should I d-do? I closed my eyes and my hands gripped onto the hem of his shirt.
I parted my lips and found myself returning his passionate kisses back.
He deepened the kiss making me feel lot of things. His gentle yet hungry kiss is conveying an unspoken words towards me.

My chest is swelling up with many unknown emotions as we share an intimate kiss. He kept on tilting his head side by side, seems like making sure that he'll reach every inch of my mouth. I am being drowned. My legs are getting weaker due to his touch. Good thing he's holding my head still, if not... I'll definitely be down on my knees.

Seconds later he broke the kiss. I can still feel his breathing against my lips as I open my eyes. "that's my answer" he said. Before letting my face go he gave me another peck.

A-answer? what did I even asked?

"I know I'm not the best person to be with, but I promised to do my best to protect you" Taeyong... my eyes instantly got blurred once again. I feel so valued. I sobbed as I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face on his chest.

I don't know why I am being so overdramatic and true in front of him. He's somebody that I don't know, but he's effects on me are taking shots straight into my heart... and it's making me absolutely weak.

*****

Taeyong's POV.

She's hugging me tight as she continued sobbing like a baby... and I am being so guilty here, enjoying her vulnerable state. I hugged her back, making sure she'll feel that she's not all alone now. Being able to hug her like this feels like I've won something in life. My strong desire to make her safe and protected kept on intensifying.

Just like what we have expected, TRC indeed payed us a visit last night. They easily entered the mansion probably thinking that we're not aware. There are actually about 5 of them against the 9 of us. Everyone of us was well aware and that's also why me and Jia switched room because my room is the only soundproof room here in the mansion. I intended to not let her know so that she won't worry.
We can handle everything anyway.
And I know for the fact that she won't listen to me if I ever said don't show herself if TRC appeared.

Everyone used a gun with silencers that's why every noise was under our control. The whole mansion was left at mess, that's probably why she got this scared.

"don't do this again" she suddenly said, breaking the hug and looking up at me like she's about to scold the hell out of my face. "Taeyong. I'd rather have you tell me everything and we'll fight together, than being protected by 9 of you like a freaking valued princess. I-I can fight just like how you guys can do." there goes her begging eyes once again. Her sincere eyes that perfectly captivates me. "I am mad at you. I am so annoyed right now. I feel so useless. I am already a coward hiding behind you. I don't want to cause any more danger"

It would be so selfish of me if I say I don't want her to be as fearless as she is before. I want her to stay weak, so that she'll need me. "you'll protect me and I'll fight with you" she mumbled.

Damn this woman and her effects on me.

I nodded. "just don't ask me to throw you out. D-Don't leave me"
I said, sounding like more of a beg.

She hugged me once again as she sniffled. "I won't"

꧁ 𝖌𝖚𝖓𝖘 // 𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊𝖘 ꧂