Four | Tomato Faces And Boys

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️
"

We're just friends," She says and I smirk.

"Yachi, that's how everything starts." I tease, and her face turns more of a tomato now.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"As much as I would love to... I can't, I'm sorry." I whispered the latter part, my answer. A lot of them looked disappointed and tried to cover it but it was no use. I saw. It already.

"Y/n just come to the gym later, at least see us play!" Nishinoya looked desperate which I didn't get why.

"Nishinoya, don't force her," Daichi said. "It's her choice."

At this point Noya looked sad, looking away from me, and the thought of him being disappointed because of me, made my heart clench, my chest started to hurt.

" Alright, I'll watch you guys play. " I glanced at Noya to see him look at me with a smile as everyone else rejoiced, Yachi hugged me saying how excited she is and how we could have a sleepover with Kiyoko if I agreed to be a manager.

Noya and Tanaka walked alongside me back to the classroom and while both of them had a chat, I was silently thinking if I really should've said yes.

Classes went by pretty fast, and before you knew it Tanaka had a hold of my bag while Nishinoya was holding my hand to make sure I don't run away and go back home--which I can't because I have no idea how to get back home with my phone's map.

We reached the gym, the sounds of many volleyballs getting hitting the floor.

"Y/n, you came!" Hinata ran towards me and tackled me on the floor with a hug.

"Boke Hinata!" Kageyama grabbed him and dragged him away. "Y/n-chan could've hit her head!"

Noya walked me to where Yachi and Kiyoko were, then before he left, he told me to watch him.

"Hey Y/n, watch me receive all the balls they spike" He points at himself with his thumb with a proud grin before turning and walking to the guy's bathroom, probably to change clothes.

"Hmm, how interesting," Kiyoko says before facing me. "Normally, Nishinoya would always talk to me. He must like you, Y/n-chan." She smiles at me. Nishinoya? Like me ?

"I do remember them scaring guys away," Yachi says before giggling. "They're all over Kiyoko, especially Nishinoya and Tanaka. We're all surprised to see Noya sitting with a girl a while ago at lunch." That explains why Nishinoya wasn't used to the table flocked by his teammates.

I crack a smile, and they must've noticed because their smiles got wider. " Ooh, someone's got a crush on--"Before Yachi could continue, I cut her off and turned the tables.

" How about you Yachi, do you like someone here? Someone with bright orange hair and a bubbly personality? "Her eyes widened, a pink tint spread out onto her cheeks.

" What No! "She burst, flipping. " We're just friends," She says and I smirk.

"Yachi, that's how everything starts." I tease, and her face turns more of a tomato now.

Kiyoko laughed at the both of us, Yachi turned to her with a smirk. "Oh yeah, Kiyoko-San? How about you, I know you've been keeping an eye on Tana--"

Kiyoko suddenly hugged Yachi and one hand covered her mouth.

"Yachi, I want to give you a hug you right now."
I felt an aura behind me so I turned around to see Nishinoya and Tanaka dropping to their knees and falling to the ground, lying down. Honestly, them doing this made me jump. Oh boy, I think I know where this is going.

"Kiyoko, we can't go on!" Nishinoya says, raising his arm to Kiyoko dramatically before his head falls face flat.

"We are in need of CPR!" Tanaka says dramatically before looking like Noya who was already on the floor.

"You don't need CPR if you guys can talk, much less breathe right now," Kiyoko said before walking away. I and Yachi looked at each other before giggling and following Kiyoko to the side where a blonde guy with a whistle was standing.

"Alright, warm-up time is over! I'm dividing you all into 2 groups." He went on dividing the team into two, then they were supposed to compete against each other.

Team one on the court consisted of Kageyama, Hinata, Daichi, Nishinoya, and Ennoshita, a couple of others on the side while for team two, Daichi, Suga, Asahi, Tanaka, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, then the others were on the side as well.

While they were playing, Kiyoko and Yachi filled me in on many terms, their positions, and answered my questions. She then explained each position.

Kiyoko went to get the rest of the water bottles while Yachi went to get towels. They told me to stay here, watch the game and flip the scoreboard whenever a team scores.

I watched the volleyball fly up in the air from Suga's set, and when I thought Tanaka was going to spike it, he missed, the ball flying towards Asahi who spiked it hard, but Nishinoya received the ball, making it fly up to Kageyama who jumped real high.

"Kageyama!" Hinata shouted before jumping high and swinging his hand, but the ball never came to him. Kageyama instead pushed the ball to the other side of the net where no one was there to receive it. Noya slid on the floor, missing the ball. He looked upset and started doing finger push-ups and flopped on the floor, muttering something before getting up.

I flipped the Scoreboard.
21-20

"Y/n-san, it's the other way around!" Hinata shouts, and I realized my mistake and corrected it. "Gomen!"

20-21

This kept going on, Yachi was back with the towels already and went on to help Kiyoko. A moment later, they were already walking back, and I looked back at the ball to where it was and noticed it was Daichi who was going to spike. They were so near... Kiyoko and Yachi!

I ran towards the two and stood in front of them just before Daichi spiked hard, with Three blockers in front of him, he would either make a rebound or try hitting a straight--if that's even the correct term, but there was a possibility of the ball bouncing towards Kiyoko and Yachi who were carrying water bottles.

As if time slowed, the ball was hit and bounced towards me blocking Yachi and Kiyoko. A fraction of a second, I saw Nishinoya run towards me, yelling my name. Seconds later, the guys gasped at what had happened, and so did I.

A/n: I'd like to point out that she may or may not have gotten hit by the ball. :3 Not sure which path this would turn yet.