PROLOGUE

Dominic Carson is the Mafia King. He kills whoever comes in his way. He is ruthless. The thing he hates the most is betrayal and that is what Emily's parents have done. They betrayed his family and took her away. He hates liars and that is what Emily's parents are. For years he has been searching for his only love, his childhood friend Emily. She is not only his love but his life. She is the only one for whom he can do anything. She is the light in his dark world.

Emily Stone is a doctor. She left her past behind a long time ago when her parents took her away from the dark world of the mafia. Wanting to do nothing with Mafia but still loving Dominic is a hard thing. Even after all these years her heart still beats for him. She believes that Dominic is a liar and a killer. She does not even want to see him again. But despite all this, she still loves him because true love never dies.

But one day destiny brought them together and Dominic will now not let go of her because she belongs to him.

..................

I look behind me in pure terror. I can hear someone coming down the stairs. With each loud footstep my heartbeat increases. First shoes come in view and then legs To my absolute horror, the person is none other than Dominic himself.

A blank expression is on his face. Suddenly he claps loudly and a smirk appears on his face. My heart is beating wildly in my chest. Now, what will happen to me?

This thought is enough for my soul to leave my body.

"Looks like my lovely wife is really curious and brave. I never thought of you as the courageous one. Despite knowing that no one is allowed to come here. You didn't stop. I am surprised by your curiosity". He said in a calm voice.

I know he is anything but calm at this moment because irrespective of his voice his facial expressions are telling everything.

I did a wrong thing by coming here behind his back but I cannot let this man die either. Is saving this man's life more important than saving my own?

"Why did you come here?", He asked stopping a few steps away from me. Now the facade of him being calm is not there anymore. Please, God! Help me.

"I am s-sorry Dominic b-but please let t-this man go". I meekly said looking at the floor.

"Tsk tsk. This is not the answer to my question. Let me repeat the question. You must have mistaken my words. Why did you come here, love?" He again asked but I am unable to gather the courage to answer him.

The fear I am feeling is not letting me breathe properly. "I am sorr-ry". I again say.

He takes slow steps towards me. The more he comes closer to me the harder it becomes for me to hold my composure.

He comes and holds my chin in his hand while looking directly into my eyes. I look directly into his eyes to see no ounce of mercy in them.

"How dare you come here? Looks like I should teach you some manners now. Get up!" He shouts.

He can do whatever he wants with me but he should not kill someone because of me.

"L-Leave him". I Said while hiccupping.

"Let me give you another chance. Get up and follow me before I fucking drag you with me and forget that you are my fucking wife".

"No, L-Let him go first. He... He didn't do anything". Suddenly the room echoes as Dominic laughs loudly. This sound is so much terrifying. He sits on the floor beside me.

"My wife is asking her fucking husband to leave a man who fucking looked at her with lust. Do you have no shame or respect for yourself?" He asked.

He suddenly gets up and takes his gun out.

He looks at me for one or two seconds then avert his gaze to that bloodied man. He again looked at me with his piercing gaze.

I thought he was going to shoot me but he pointed his gun at the bloodied man before me. I look at him in shock not knowing what to do. "How about I free him from this life?" He asks me.

"No, he doesn't deserve this. Just let him go". I say with tears in my eyes and holding his hand with my trembling fingers.

"He will be free after this. No burden and no open eyes to look at my wife. What do you think love?" He chuckles.
"No, Dominic. Don't do it. Leave him." I again beg but Dominic's eyes only hold cruelty in them.

I look around me for anything when my hands touch something cold behind me and I check it with my fingers. It is a gun. Has God given this to me to save this man's life?

I grab it tightly in my hand. Getting up and moving a little back I point it towards Dominic. Dominic is pointing his gun at the man. When Dominic's eyes meet mine, the only thing I can see inside is rage, pure rage.

By looking at him I know just one thing, the situation has turned worst.

I don't know what I am doing at this point or from where this courage is coming. I know this is not going to end well for me but now nothing can be done.

"Let him go. W-Whatever he did is not e-enough to cost him his life. I w-will not let you kill him". His eyes are holding curiosity in them along with a malicious grin on his face.

"So, to save this man you will kill your husband?" He asked.

"I don't know".

He laughs loudly and a loud shoot echo making me scream due to fear. The gun drops from my hand.

................

Continue reading...

OTHER RANKINGS

#6 in forcedmarriage (out of 3.87K stories) (March 1)
#18 in killing (out of 17.1K stories) (April 6, 2021)
#10 in sadistic (out of 1.67K stories) (April 28, 2021)
#10 in innocent (out of 14.1K stories) (May 26, 2021)
#7 in forcedmarriage (out of 4.33K stories) (June 4, 2021)
#23 in spanishmafia (out of 114 stories)(August 7, 2021)

CAGED BY VOWS (VOWS)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara