Chapter 2: Hero Training

After Runa sits down, she pulls a bottle out of her bag, however, she struggles to open it. Pressing the opener on top of the marble, she places her palm flat on the opener and pushes down, it takes a second but the marble pops out and falls into the sugary drink with a satisfying sploosh sound. "Tch! Do you really have to drink that now, Airbender wannabe?!" Runa blinks, "Ah, actually my quirk requires a certain amount of energy to avoid the repercussions of it. So I always drink or eat something that can boost my energy when I have to use my quirk for a long period of time." She smiles sweetly, "If you'd like, I can just drink it when we go to the locker rooms." Bakugou mutters incoherently under his breath. Runa turns towards Shimizu, "So... Shimizu, have you read that book before, or is it your first time reading it?" Shimizu looks up from his book, "This? I've read it before. I don't really like the ending, but it's still a good book to read." Runa nods, "Yeah, my dad actually read that book to me when I was little. Of course, I didn't understand it, but once I got older I read it for myself."  Glancing beside her she notices that Todoroki is asleep, her eyes widen as her pupils expand, covering her mouth she quietly squeals, "Eeek! He looks so precious!!" Todoroki opens an eye, "I'm not asleep." Uncovering her mouth she smiles softly, "Ah well, you still looked adorable. Oh- That probably sounded really-" Runa notices something crawling on the floor, "Mineta, please go back to your seat." He doesn't listen to her, "God... Please don't let my mask break." Runa squirms uncomfortably, fidgeting with her fingers. Sighing Shimizu gets up and grabs Mineta, tossing him, towards Kaminari, "You were making her uncomfortable." He states bluntly before sitting back down, Runa turns to him, "Thanks.." She mutters softly, Shimizu gives her a sliver of a smile, "Don't mention it."

The second bell finally rings, and with it, class starts. The door slams open as All Might prances into the classroom. "I HAVE
... COME THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!! HAHAHAHA!" Runa gasps, "Uncle Might!" "It's All Might...!! Incredible. He's really gonna teach us...!!" "That's his silver age costume...!" "He's drawn so differently than the rest of us. Gives me goosebumps..." All Might grins largely, "Hero basics training! The class that'll put you through all sorts of special training to mold you into heroes! it also gives you a ton of credits. No time to dally. today's activity is, this!" He pulls out a card with the word 'battle' written on it. "Battle Training!!" Runa smiles excitedly, "Battle training?!" the wall clicks, revealing a ton of numbered cases. "And for that... You need these!! In accordance with the "Quirk Registry" and the special request forms you filled out before being admitted..." everyone in the room smiles with excitement, "Costumes!! Yeahhhh!!"All Might gives them his signature smile, "After you change come out in ranking order to ground beta!!" after that is said, everyone gets up and takes their respected cases. However, Runa's case is just beyond her reach. standing on her tippy-toes she reaches up and grabs her case, unfortunately, she falls backwards and lands on her back, "Oof- that hurt." she mumbles getting off the floor and following the girls to the locker room.

Runa slips on her cropped armour over her top, she then fastens her sword by its hilt to her belt and walks outside with the rest of the students. Taking her place next to Momo, she poses as Shimizu approaches her. "Yasuda-san, your costume looks nice." Runa places her hand on his arm, looking at the stitching of the material, "I really like your costume, whoever made it has a good hand. The stitch-work is simple, yet it... huh..? What's this?" she looks up at him, "Did you ask for a golden thread?" Shimizu shakes his head slightly, "Oh, it must be the inventor's mark. Every support item inventor or costume tailor leaves some kind of indication of their work." He nods as they turn towards the front. "Shall we begin my wards? It's time for battle training!" someone raises their hand. "Sensei! This appears to be the same field used in the entrance exam. Will we once again be performing cityscape manoeuvres?"

All Might shakes his head, "Nope! You'll be moving to step two! Indoor anti-personnel battle training!! Villain battles are most commonly seen outdoors but... Statistically, the most heinous villains..." He glances at Runa, giving her an apologetic look, "Are more likely to appear indoors. Between confinement, house arrest, kidnappers..." Runa flinches, which doesn't go unnoticed by the boy next to her. "Tortures, masochists, sociopathic murderers... Domestic abusers... People who use psychological torture, and perform experiments illegally... People like that are also by law, villains. And they, are the cleverest as well as the most criminally insane out there. They lurk in the safety of their walls and use false appearances to earn people's trust. They are the filth that is causing our society to slowly rot away." Runa finishes, both Shimizu and Momo raise an eyebrow, that isn't normally something a teenager would think of. "Yes... Thank you, Yasuda. Moving on, you'll now be splint into villain teams and hero teams... ...and face off in two-on-two indoor battles!!" Asui places her index finger on her chin, "So no basic training?" All Might shakes his head, "Practical experience teaches you the basics! The distinction here is that you won't be fighting disposable robots." Most of the students begin to bombard their teacher with questions, he sweatdrops. "One at a time! My quirk isn't super hearing!!"  Everyone quiets down and listens attentively. "Listen up!! Here's the deal. The villains will be hiding a nuclear weapon in the hideout. And the heroes have to go in and take care of it! The heroes have a limited amount of time to either capture the villains or secure the weapon. The villains must either capture the heroes or protect the weapon until the time is up. Your battle partners will be decided by... ...drawing lots!" Iida raises his hand, "IS THAT REALLY THE BEST WAY?!" he questions, Runa perks up, "Think about it Iida-Kun, pros frequently have to work with other agencies on the spot, whether they have a negative disposition towards each other or not. During emergencies, all that matters is that they work together to get the job done." Iida looks away from Runa and turns his attention back to All Might. "I see...! I apologize for getting ahead of myself... My mistake!" All Might raises his fist in the air, "It's fine!! Let's just get to it!!"