When she got the acceptance letter to the University of London for a course in business of sorts, she was happy. Not as ecstatic as she would have been if she had applied for what she wanted, but happy nonetheless because it made her parents proud, at least she thinks she did.

She never told them about the other four universities that rejected her, just simply said she would really love to attend this university. She also made an input of saying she should take some extra curricular ballet lesson at the university, but her parents immediately shut that idea down. But once again, Briar smiled in order to please her parents, and instead cried for hours on end in her plain impersonalised bedroom.

It was a regular routine for Briar, she was okay.

•••

Bexley Reese had been the most popular girl at Wainwright Private Academy, but she never did once say or do any hurtful things towards Briar. She was just a nice bitchy girl. If that makes any sense.

There was a scandal of sorts that happened at the Academy during their last year of sixth form. Unfortunately, Bexley happened to be caught in it, and she was starting as the main character.

The rumours of a student sleeping with the new young male teacher had begun a circuit amongst the school, even the year 7's were gossiping about said scandal.

There seems to be an unspoken bond between two strangers who know of each other. Spilling their deepest and darkest secrets to each other seems reliving since they don't have anyone to tell them to really. Not anyone that would care anyway. Especially if said stranger happens to be our very own Briar Addison.

Like I mentioned before, Briar had always been called the insane lonely girl; who happens to be Bexley's shoulder to cry on when word gets out about her scandal with Mr Atkinson.

From that moment on, Briar and Bexley have been taking on the world together. Now, they were both known as the insane lonely girls.

•••

"Did you see that girls arse? I'd love to know what 'buns of steel' video she's been doing," Bexley chuckled next to her best friend and saviour Briar, their linked arms keeping them close together in the busy streets of London.

"You should totally go ask her, for me though. My arse is as flat as a pancake no matter what videos I try," Briar whined to Bexley with an adorable pout on her pink glossy lips.

Bexley rolled her eyes at Briar, letting their arms unlock to slap her arse with a giggle. Briar gasped in shock, elbowing Bexley in the ribs lightly whilst trying to fight off a grin at their banter. Bexley shoved her shoulder into Briar's dainty frame, forgetting just how tiny her best friend is. Just as Briar had suspected, she began tumbling over her own feet and off the side of the pavement. A shriek left her lips as she thought that she was about to say goodbye to life for good, and oddly enough, she didn't feel as scared as she ever thought she would.

An arms suddenly shot out to grab Briar's nearest to them, yanking her towards their chest as a car came speeding down the road blaring their horn loudly at Briar. She let out an uneven shaky breath at the recent occurrence.

Shit, she thought, I hope none of the press saw that, my parents will go absolutely ballistic.

Briar looked up to her saviour in order to thank them, but was shocked when she saw a very handsome, yet very angry stone cold face staring right back at her.

His features were sharp and harsh, yet something in them made her see warmth. His dark eyes bore into her honey coloured one with an angry glare. His sharp jaw was locked in what seemed like anger. Although, Briar started to think that the only emotion this boy knew was anger. Nonetheless, Briar immediately began thanking him as they seemed to hold onto each other tightly.

"Thank you ever so much! I must repay you somehow for my clumsy actions," Briar giggled nervously at the boy who seemed to be lost in translation as he stared at her face with an emotion she could not detect.

"My name is Briar, what is y-" Briar was rudely cut off when he began marching away from her in the opposite direction that she was heading in. Briar sighed in defeat and began walking back to her spot next to Bexley, who's mouth hung wide open.

"You almost died! And Everett Kaine fucking saved you! I have honestly never been so jealous of a near death experience before," Bexley excitedly began saying as she groaned at the end.

"You know who that boy is?" Briar asked her quietly, hugging her bag to her chest tightly. Bexley scoffed in return before nodding her head quickly.

"I shagged him last year, a couple of weeks before the uh, scandal," Bexley spoke quietly near the end, coughing awkwardly. Briar's eyes shot up in shock at Bexley's statement.

"He goes to our university too Bri," Bexley chuckled at her with amusement dancing on her tanned face.

"He does?" Briar basically squeaked out as nerves began filling her body at the thought of this Everett Kaine telling everyone about her near death experience.

"Mhm. Do you know what people say about him?" Bexley asked Briar in a low voice, looking around them as if someone would hear what she is about to say. "They call him a psychopath. I have no idea why though. It could be because he is void of every emotion possible," Bexley said as she chuckled to herself.

Yeah, every emotion but for anger, Briar thought.

"Maybe he's just misunderstood," Briar told her quietly, thinking deeply about her own words and how they reflect on herself, more than she'd like to admit.

"I guess we'll find out eventually," Bexley grinned at Briar as she hooked they're arms together once more, and they both began running quickly down the streets of London as rain began it's dreadful circle of depression and gloom once more.

As Briar reached her house after saying goodbye to Bexley, she couldn't help but think as she lay in bed that night;

Who is Everett Kaine really?

Here's to another story, more surprises coming soon!

Status: unedited