Christmas Shopping

A/N: so there's a bunch of ghost reads and I'd really appreciate it if you guys would vote or comment :)

———

It was half past eleven before we trekked up the creaking stairs of The Burrow. We'd been singing and messing around on Fred's guitar for the past two hours, enveloped in the pure bliss of being with the people we treasure.

I sleepily made my way into the twins bedroom, Fred's hand warm in mine. Candles cast dim light in the room from along the walls, with there being no electricity in the wizarding world and whatnot.

I managed to locate some pjs in my trunk before making my way to the bathroom. I hurriedly dressed in an oversized guns n Roses T-shirt and a pair of pj shorts.

I half-heartedly brushed my teeth before making my way back into their room. I walked over to the makeshift bed when Fred laughed softly.
"Darling you don't have to sleep on that, you can share with me or I can sleep there," he said softly,

"I don't want to take up your space Freddie," I protested, but he picked me up and tossed me onto his bed. George was laughing from in his bed.
"You had no problem with it at Hogwarts, this is no different,"

"Okay," I said sheepishly, wriggling all the way into the corner against the wall. Fred climbed in next to me before wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzling my neck.

"Night idiots," George called from across the room,
"Night Georgie," I mumbled as I fell asleep to the sound of Fred's breathing in my ear.

—————

I woke up with the sunlight again. The birds outside made quite the racket, but it wasn't that bad, it was quite pretty. I rolled over and my nose touched Fred's.

He was so pretty when he slept. The golden light shining through his dark eyelashes, lighting up his fiery hair. I tried counting the freckles that speckled his face, but they seemed as infinite as the stars in the night sky.

Inexplicably I started giggling, overwhelmed by the sheer happiness of being here with him, with his family, able to call him mine.

"What's so funny pipsqueak," he mumbled, opening one woody brown eye lazily.
"Nuffin," I was giggling uncontrollably at this point,
"You're mental," he sighed before grabbing my leg and pulling it over him, before rolling onto his back so I lay on top of him.

"Shh just cuddle me for a while," he sighed, stroking my hair. I nodded and relaxed into his embrace. My head lay on his chest, his chin against the top of my head. I could hear his heartbeat through the thin T-shirt he wore.

Our legs were tangled together, like we were one person. I closed my eyes for a while, breathing in his scent and feeling him play with my hair.

"Well aren't you two just adorable," I heard George tease. My hand found it's way in his general direction and my middle finger saluted him.

"Now now, no need to be rude," George chuckled, I heard footsteps and suddenly a smothering weight was on my back.

Fred swore as George leapt on top of us, squishing us into the mattress.
"Asshole!" I screeched, sandwiched between the twins.

He rolled onto the floor, laughing hysterically.
"You two were giving me a toothache," he smiled before standing up.
"Then floss more often," I retorted, getting to my feet and stretching. My spine crackled nicely as I stretched.

"Nooo come back," Fred whined, still curled up in the blankets.
"I'm thirsty," I replied,
"I'll fix that," he smirked, sitting up in his bed.
"Ew, twin brother and best friend in the room?!" George yelled, covering his ears with his hands,